Sunday, January 6, 2008

Friday Feast #174

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet For Your Brain

A little belated, but here it is. (It's the playoffs. I've been busy. LOL)

Appetizer: When was the last time you received a surprise in the mail, and what was it?
To be honest, I can't even think of the last "surprise" I've gotten in the mail. I guess maybe the birthday card from my DH's grandma would count, since she hasn't been feeling well lately and didn't even send Christmas cards this year.

Soup: If you could have a summer and/or winter home, where would you want it to be?
I'd have to pick somewhere in Maine for most of the year, maybe even all year, depending on how tired I'd get of the snow. It would have to be near the water, either Boothbay Harbor or Bar Harbor. Maine is one of my favorite places on earth. I'd also be good with a beach house out on Long Island. Maybe not the Hamptons, but somewhere with access to a harbor for sailboating. Maybe Huntington Harbor. (Yes, I have given this question a LOT of thought)

Salad: Pick one: pineapple, orange, banana, apple, cherry.
Pineapple. I love fresh pineapple, and most pineapple flavored things.

Main Course: Describe the nicest piece of clothing that you own.
My wedding gown. I love it. It is a "strapless matte satin gown. The bodice is highlighted with a directly beaded on pattern and embroidery. This gown features a plain skirt and Chapel train". And since a picture is worth 1000 words....




Dessert: If you could forget one whole day from your life, which day would you choose to wipe from your memory?
I can't think of any - everything that's happened has brought me to where I am and I don't know where I'd end up without having gone through those things. Sure, there are a thousand little things I wish never happened, but there's not one standout day I wish I could eliminate.

7 comments:

Chiloe said...

What a dress!!! I love it ! It's one of the most beautiful dress I've ever seen ! SO simple and so elegant: you won't have to feel bad about it in 50 years ;-)

Janet said...

Wow! Fabulous dress!!!

monique said...

I agree! It's every single day, every moment, every experience (good or bad) that has made us who we are... to skip even one would change us.

Beautiful dress :)

Pumpkin said...

That dress is just GORGEOUS! I'm like you, I love my wedding dress too :o)

We LOVE Maine as well and we spend a lot of time in BH. I've been to Boothbay Harbor once but I would definitely go back :o)

Novice Stitcher said...

Oh that dress is exquisite! You must have felt like a fairy princess in it. I like your Friday Feast blogging entries - what a neat idea. Thank you for visiting my blog!

Kim said...

Buy a beach house on LI!!! I fully endorse this plan! It'll be awesome having you in the neighborhood :-) I'll take you to my LNS, and show you all the other excellent crafty things on the island. You'll be knitting and crocheting in no time!

The gown is really pretty! BTW, JS liked Watters but Venus has a line of like 10 dressed with short sleeves, so she's trying to find a place that sells 'em so she can see them in person. Personally I think Watters is nicer and more stylish, but I don't want to push *too* hard, you know?

Sharon said...

That is an amazing dress!