Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's been a while since I've posted some pictures

I've been organizing and cleaning up some photos this morning, so I thought I'd share a few.

First up is the piece I finished for my BIL and SIL's Christmas gift. DH framed it up for me and we gave it to them on Christmas morning. My SIL was especially touched - she teared up a little when she opened it (hopefully it meant that she liked it!)


Next up is Nautical Dreams, which DH also framed before we left for Christmas, but I just sent it out yesterday. It's on it's way to Colorado, so I hope it doesn't get stuck in any snowstorms. I also sent along a Boston Harbor ornament I stitched up from a Treetrunk Designs leaflet. I like to give ornaments as gifts to new babies to start their collections. Boston is very near and dear to the heart of my friend (the baby's mom) and I am sure it will become very important to her daughter as well.


And finally, something my DH stitched for his mom for Mother's Day. It's a Dimensions kit she picked out when they came to visit us a while back, and we just forgot to take a picture of it before we gave it to her. DH also framed it for her, and I think he did a great job. It's now hanging in the entrance to her kitchen.

And I know I promised Kim some pics of my progress on Princess, but I messed up the ones I took and have to take new ones, so they'll be coming later.

16 comments:

Karin said...

Lovely work! They're all great gifts and I'm sure the recipients will be glad to get them.

Pumpkin said...

Oh, LOVELY! All such lovely gifts!

Dawn said...

They all are fantastic!!

Lee said...

Great jobs all around!

Sally said...

Beautiful framed pieces.

Kim said...

Gorgeous stitching! Does DH frame from scratch or in a pre-made frame?

BTW, that title was such a tease, but I'll wait for the next post for my Princess pics.

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful stitching progresses all the way around. DH has done a lovely job too!!

Wishing all the best for the new Year.

Meari said...

They all look good!

Janet said...

What fabulous handmade love! Lucky recipients!

tkdchick said...

Wow you and your hubby have done an amazing job on all pieces and your hubby does great framing!!!

Margaret said...

Lovely finishes and framing. Isn't it the greatest feeling when not only the stitching but the framing are done by yourself or your husband? So personal!!
What a wonderful idea to give ornaments as gifts to newborns.
Wishing you and all your loved ones a very Happy and Healthy 2008.

Laural said...

Beautiful Beautiful finishes!!

Carla said...

Hi SweetPea thanks for visiting me blog :)
It's so great that you and Kim are stitching Princess and the P too, so what days are you stitching on it or you just post once a week your progress? Can't wait to see pics of yours and love Kim's conversion.
Your framed pieces are beautiful, as well as the one your husband stitched for his mom..it's so nice that you share the same hobby !!

Kim said...

Ohhh, that's what I've been doing wrong. I need a specific day to stitch P+tP, so I don't end up stitching other stuff all the time...

Barbara said...

Love that Boston one! ;)

Jenna said...

Wow, look at all of those finishes! Your husband does a great job with framing. :)