Saturday, December 22, 2007

SBQ: Teaching

Today’s SBQ is: Have you ever helped anyone else learn to stitch? Have you ever helped anyone learn a new stitch or technique? (Submitted by Kathryn)

I learned to stitch on my own, and I've never tried to teach anyone how to do it. Since my DH and I both stitch, sometimes one or the other of us will have trouble with a specialty stitch, so we try to help each other out when we can, but mostly we just figure things out by following the directions, or looking for an alternative set online.

I'd love to teach my niece how to stitch. She just turned 5, so she's a little young, but I might take a kid's kit down the shore with us in June and try teaching her then (she'll be just shy of six). She likes to do crafts and things, so I think she might like it. My MIL also wants to learn to stitch, so I promised I would teach her when she retires next year. However, I have more hope of my niece sitting still than my MIL!!!! LOL

1 comments:

tkdchick said...

I think that's wonderful that both you and your hubby stitch! Do you have a communal stash? LOL.

I've been thinking about teaching my niece to stitch, she's 7 but she's very immature and dosen't sit sill for long so I think it'll have to wait a few years.