Monday, December 10, 2007

Leading myself into temptation...

I've been looking for ideas for my Bride's Tree SAL projects, which is probably a mistake because I definitely don't need to acquire anything new. It's much like recipes for me - even though I have THOUSANDS of recipes in my possession (I'm not even kidding or exaggerating), I will usually go out and look for a new one whenever I am in the mood for something new. I've been trying to be good and work through what I already have, but it's so hard sometimes!

I went out looking for a neat house pattern to do. I saved a 3-D one from a website, but forgot to note where it was from, so until I can figure out where it came from, I don't want to post it without credit. UPDATE: I found the original house I was looking for: Les Chroniques de Frimousse

However, in my search for 3-d houses, I found this little cutie from The Nutmeg Company.


The design is stitched on fabric, which is then mounted to plastic canvas for structure. How adorable is that?? She has a ton of different houses and cottages, as well as other 3-d projects like boxes. And you have GOT to see the 3-D Windsor Castle - it will blow your mind.

The sad part for me is that the kit is £15.99, and with the weak dollar, that translates to over $32 for me, PLUS overseas shipping. Ouch! The good news is that the designer has put out a book called 3-D Cross Stitch More Than 25 Original Designs, which I was able to find on http://www.half.com/ for significantly less. It won't be the same exact cottage, but it gives instructions for the technique and I am sure I can figure out how to design one of my own, even if it's not as detailed as this one. So I went ahead and ordered the book so I would get it in time to start my January House ornament.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Hehe, I just sent you the same link to Frimousse. She has some great designs!

Dawn said...

It's adorable! I will have to check these out. It looks like something my DD would love to try.

Sweet Pea said...

The shoe shop one is sweet - it would be perfect for one of my shoe obsessed friends!

Pumpkin said...

Mmmmm, maybe I shouldn't have read this post ;o) LOL! That house is adorable!

tintocktap said...

I love the idea of the Bride's Tree! It sounds like a wonderful project to work on through the year. I'll be sure to follow your progress.

Those houses look wonderful too - and I love the Frimousse designs - thanks for the reminder!

Janet said...

The Brides Tree SAL is a brilliant idea. I'll look forward to progress pics. I have been eyeing off Frimousse's pickhouses for ages and I hope to do one or two this coming year. Love this 3D one, thanks for sharing the book title - I'm putting it on my wishlist (too bad Santa needs several month's notice re gift suggestions).