Saturday, December 22, 2007

An amazing news story

This morning, I was catching up on some reading and came across this news story about a pastor at an Ohio church who gave each of his congregants $50 as seed money to raise more by using whatever talents and gifts they possessed. What follows is an incredible story well worth reading.

A Talent for Giving

Keep in mind that I am not a religious person and my DH and I do not belong to a church. But I couldn't help but share this story, especially during the Christmas season. Using your talents and helping other people is a universal theme that is not the sole domain of a religion. The stories of the participants are varied and touching in their own ways, and it's an excellent reminder that we ALL have something to offer.

And with that, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Years!

9 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I will try Wyndham Needleworks for my thread. The thread I am using for Paradigm is DMC 502. Isn't it beautiful. My kitchen cupboards are painted that color with white doors and my other walls in the kitchen, dining room, den and living room are painted in varying shades of that color.
Wishing you and your family the Merriest of Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Look forward to all your stitching progress next year.

Kim said...

Thank you for sharing this article. It's amazing what people come up with.

Pumpkin said...

I love stories like that :o) It's too bad that there aren't more happy stories in the news.

Von said...

Merry Christmas to you, Jennifer!! Have a wonderful time over the holidays. :D

Carolien said...

What a great story! I will tell my husband,who is a minister as well. I think it is really fabulous what talents can do if you try to use them!

Thanks for sharing and greetings, Carolien

Laural said...

I hope you had a great Christmas!! Thank you for sharing the story it made my day!

Barbara said...

Wishing you a most joyous holiday season!!! :D

Janet said...

Wonderful inspiring story, brought a tear to my eye.

Oh, and Happy birthday for the
26th! Hope you had a wonderful day (and separate pressies!).

Emily said...

I hope you had a great Christmas!!