Saturday, January 12, 2008

A personal survey

I've noticed there's a little trend among the cross stitching bloggers to share a little about themselves and their personal lives - more than just their stitching. Since Teresa did one, I'll do one back, similar to the one she posted, but a little more extended. (I pulled it from my myspace blog)

TWELVE PLACES YOU'VE BEEN:
1. Bar Harbor, Maine
2. Florence, Italy
3. Albaquerque, NM
4. New York City
5. Buxton, NC
6. Boston, MA
7. Niagara Falls, NY (and Canada)
8. Sicily
9. the Boulder Field in Hickory Run Park
10. The Corn Palace
11. Graceland
12. the top of Sandy Hook Lighthouse

ELEVEN THINGS ABOUT YOU:
1. I love football. Love it. I yell louder than my husband
2. I would eat lobster every single day
3. I hate wearing shoes, yet secretly long to be "the girl with the super cute shoes"
4. I love reading magazines
5. I get an obscene amount of satisfaction when things are neat and orderly because I am obsessed with organization and container stores
6. I could happily abstain from rice and pasta for the rest of my life, but do not take away my bread and potatoes.
7. I sunburn extremely quickly, as does my husband. Because we are so fair, we will probably have invisible children.
8. I detest having my picture taken, and there are very few pictures of myself that I like. I also do not like posed pictures.
9. My iTunes has over 10,000 songs in it because I love music.
10. I have thousands of recipes I have collected over the years, yet will go and search out a new one almost every single time I want to make something different. I will never make most of the recipes I have, I just like knowing they are there.
11. I have a masters degree in creative writing that I do not use.

TEN GOOD MUSICAL ARTISTS:
1. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
2. Bob Dylan
3. Pearl Jam
4. U2
5. Prince
6. The Killers
7. James Brown
8. The Rolling Stones
9. The Beatles
10. Coldplay

NINE FAVORITE FOODS/DRINKS:
1. Lobster
2. Diet Coke
3. Chocolate / Raspberry desert things
4. Cannolis
5. Pizza
6. Wings and cheese fries (preferably garlic butter wings and cheesefries)
7. Milkshakes
8. Duck
9. Blueberries, and blueberry flavored things - like coffee, tea, etc.

EIGHT THINGS YOU LOVE: (you said things, not people)
1. My iPod
2. Going to the beach
3. Chocolate Covered Cherries from Harry & David
4. Taking pictures
5. A great meal with a good wine
6. New York City
7. Lighthouses
8. Gift shops

SEVEN THINGS YOU WANT:
1. A new job
2. A house
3. A LOT of money
4. First class round trip to Australia for 2
5. For my friends to be happy
6. a new car
7. a baby

SIX THINGS YOU DO DAILY:
1. Shower
2. Make the bed
3. Check my email
4. Listen to music
5. Eat
6. Read

FIVE THINGS THAT YOU HATE:
1. Toxic people
2. Asparagus
3. Drying my hair and putting on makeup
4. Children's television
5. Spiders

FOUR MOVIES YOU LOVE: (four is far too few)
1. Grosse Pointe Blank
2. 10 Things I hate About You
3. Mystery, Alaska
4. Empire Records

THREE TELEVISION SHOWS YOU WATCH:
1. What Not To Wear - my most favorite show
2. Survivor
3. Inside the NFL

TWO THINGS YOU SAY OFTEN:
1. Actually
2. Really? Are you kidding me?

ONE PERSON YOU COULD SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH:
1. my husband

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Thanks Jennifer! I learned so much about you. This was fun! :)

Kim said...

Lol, I'm with you on the shoes! Guys will be totally oblivious but if you have super cute shoes, women will really notice them.

Sue said...

Are you the sister my Mother forgot to tell me about????
I LOVE the show What not to Wear and Inside the NFL!
You know I Love football...just not the Cowboys(sorry...well not really)
It was fun reading about you.
:-)

Dianne said...

You've been to some decent places! I just got to NYC last summer for a wedding, first time too.
I love lobster too! Yum.
I also like things organized, but live with someone who isn't organized. I kinda gave that up a while ago, but I still try and own oodles of see-thru plastic boxes. I use to love magazines, but now it's books. I am rather overwhelmed with them and cookbooks. The thing with magazines, I can't throw them away.
I have fair skin and so does our son, so I think you have more than a 50% chance of having pale kids.
Thanks for sharing.

Dianne said...

The question-is it the Eagles you are rooting for?
I can't stand football-just had to put up with 3 weeks of it and it almost drove me crazy. You'd be in good company with my guys!

Janet said...

Love your lists (oh and I totally stole this from you, hope you don't mind!)