Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Friday Feast #175

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet For Your Brain

I forgot to do this on Friday, and figured now is as good a time as any.

Appetizer: What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?
I have several middle names, but one I use legally. (The others are my middle name given at birth and my Confirmation name). No, I probably wouldn't change any of my names.

Soup: If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?
I love natural fabrics - silks, cottons, linens, wools, but I don't mind a little bit of blend to make the fabric better - hold shape better, structure, etc. I like things that feel nice to the touch, nothing overly synthetic (like a double knit polyester). For colors, I'm a big fan of neutrals like black, grey, tan, navy, etc., with pops of color and some print. I do love a leopard print or snakeskin shoe. And my style would be classic and flattering to real women's bodies - I detest low rise pants, too tight tops, etc.

Salad: What is your least favorite chore, and why?
Emptying the dishwasher. I don't mind loading it, but for some reason the thought of emptying it makes me cringe. I do not like dusting or mopping the floor, but I don't mind vaccuming. Laundry is my favorite chore

Main Course: What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?
I have a fear of falling - not so much of heights. Heights I can handle, but the thought of falling, usually down stairs, scares me. I even have nightmares about falling. It probably stems from a fall I had down my grandparents' basement stairs when I was about 3 or 4 and landed on my head on their concrete basement floor.

Dessert: Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.
At my desk. I can see my deck prism collection, my camera battery charger and a few skeins of floss that need to be put away

1 comments:

Kim said...

Several middle names? How many are we talking about? I'm the same way about unloading the dryer, and I don't even iron anything. (I've trained my clothes not to wrinkle ;-)