Saturday, February 16, 2008

Tag... You're it!

Charlene tagged me on her blog, Needle in Hand, to post 7 things about myself that people may not know, following the rules below. So I'll start with my seven weird or random facts, and then tag my fellow bloggers.

1. I love rocks. I love to collect them, and I have a favorite rock on my desk. I also have several small jars of interesting pebbles, larger jars filled with pebbles that I use for bookends, and a small jar of polished minerals and semi-precious stones that I keep on my desk to help me focus.

2. I don’t particularly care for vegetables, though I do like broccoli and eggplant. I prefer vegetables to be very browned (grilled, roasted, etc.) I won’t eat asparagus, or anything asparagus has touched. I do not eat iceberg lettuce or the ribs of romaine lettuce.

3. I fall asleep in the passenger seat of the car. As a consequence, I really have no concept of how long it takes to get somewhere or how far away things are.

4. I don’t like Halloween. Neither does my husband, so we make it a point to go out to dinner that night. (Mostly I don’t like children coming to my door demanding things).

5. I love rearranging furniture and organizing things. I will come to your house and do it for free

6. I think physical comedy like Jackass is hysterical. But I don’t think the Three Stooges are funny.

7. I have over a thousand books in my house, most of them in pristine condition. I am obsessive about the condition of my books and rarely lend them out.

And now, the rules....


THE RULES:

1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Since I just tagged a few people for Making My Day, I'm going to pick 7 different people that I haven't tagged before. And now the 7 bloggers I'm tagging:

Chiloe
Laurel
Monique
Patty
Courtney
Linda
Janaina

(If you've already done this, you don't have to do it again, but let me know if you do do it so I can come and see!)

9 comments:

Kim said...

I should take you up on #5... lol. As for #7 - me too! I don't have a thousand (probably 500), but all my books look like they just came from the bookstore and I'm darn straight going to keep them that way! (and #7 is why I need to take you up on #5 of course)

Dianne said...

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a gazillion books. Are we talking fiction or non-fiction? Mine are mostly non-fiction such as cookbooks, crafting, gardening....
Really, I should take you up on #5 too! You may faint when you see the packrat house. I use to be organized, but now it seems hopeless at times.

Linda said...

Jennifer
Thank you.
In Defense of Halloween....I love it and my husband and I met on that night so long ago, but I agree about the kids. That is why we live on the third floor of a spooky looking apartment building. NO CHILD dares to enter! That way, we can eat the candy ourselves!

Meari said...

Those are great facts! Wanna come organize MY house?? I could really use the help.

Pam said...

Hi Jennifer!
Thank you for visiting my blog. I couldn't help but notice your #5! You're not coming to western canada anytime soon eh? LOL I thank you for your suggestions. I've thought about hiring a professional, but we live in the middle of no where & the closest big city is about 6 hours away, I haven't heard of any professionals here, but I think I might just ask around, it couldn't hurt at this point! Thanks again! =)

Janaina said...

Hey boss! Take a look:http://thestitcherinthegreenbikini.blogspot.com/2008/02/tag-youre-it.html

Patty said...

Thanks for tagging me, Jenn, but dang, I just sat here for half an hour trying to come up with 7 things. I promise to keep working on it though. :)

Courtney said...

Haha! I like surveys, but like I said...I'm trying to keep my blog survey-free, so I'll just comment my answers!!

1. I was in MENSA when I was six years old.
2. Speaking of which, I taught myself to read when I was two years old.
3. I have never dyed my hair.
4. I get fiercely protective over my car, for no good reason - it's a Cavalier.
5. I love my dog more than life itself.
6. I have an immense movie collection, and I can't stop collecting!
7. I have a very low tolerance for ignorance.

Patty said...

I finally posted my answers, Jenn!
http://pipstitch.blogspot.com/2008/03/tagyoure-it.html