Thursday, February 7, 2008

Go ahead.... Make my day!

Sorry. I couldn't resist!!! I was just looking at my Google Reader, and to my surprise and delight, the lovely Mel (Stitches with Camels) awarded me a Make My Day Award, with the instruction to pass it on to 10 more bloggers who make MY day. Well, it was hard to pick just 10 seeing as how I subscribe to so many blogs, and each and every one of them has inspired, motivated, and generally entertained me at one point or another.

One of the things I like BEST about the stitching community is even though everyone is spread out all over the world and we all come from different cultures and backgrounds, we've forged a connection through our needlework. Sometimes it spills over into our real lives, and we find ourselves with a community of generous, kind, thoughtful souls that can be tapped into at any time for a lift, a smile, advice, or inspiration. To each and every one of you, I say thank you!

But rules are rules, and I try to play by them. (Most of the time!) So these are the 10 that came immediately to mind...


  1. Kim - K: The Real Life Adventures

  2. Barbara - Mainely Stitching

  3. Cathey - Pumpkin Patch & Co.

  4. Kathryn - Threads of Desire

  5. Lee - Lake Stitcher

  6. Janet - 37 (stitches) in a Row

  7. Dianne - Dianne Rambling On...

  8. Monique - Inside Number Twenty

  9. Kim - Kim's Northwoods Discoveries

  10. Tina - Stitching in Texas

If I've tagged you, and you'd like to spread the love, feel free to pick 10 blogs YOU read to give the award to. And if I haven't tagged you and you feel like doing something nice for someone, you can tag 10 blogs of your own. Sometimes, as you're plodding along in blogland, wondering if anyone is even reading the words you write, you end up getting a little surprise like this and it really makes YOUR day. It's nice to know that people are actually reading what I write.

11 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks so much Jennifer! I really appreciate this award-touched my heart. Someday soon we'll have to do lunch. : )

Barbara said...

:D Thank you, Jennifer! :D

Julie said...

How lovely!!

Pumpkin said...

Thank you SO much Jennifer!!!! This is my second one and I can't tell you how much this means to me :o) I will post it on my Blog within the week!

~Kim~ said...

Aww thank you Jennifer! I was just checking out my Google Reader and almost skimmed by! I feel honored! Thank you! I love what you wrote too.. that is SO TRUE!!

~Kim~

Dianne said...

I've watched Survivor since the beginning with Richard Hatch. I may have missed one episode over the years. I use to have my brother to talk to it about, but he's estranged from me-bummer. Anytime you want to talk Survivor, let me know.

Janet said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jennifer, and right back atcha!

Wendy said...

Congratulations on getting the award! The blogging community is such a great group to belong to and very welcoming.

Kim said...

Jennifer, thank you for passing this award on to me and I hope you don't mind I sent it back (not that you need to repost or anything)!

tkdchick said...

great award to receieve!

Lee said...

Yay! Thank you very much! I'm starting to catch up on blogs after our trip, so this was just a wonderful surprise.

And right back atcha!