Friday, February 8, 2008

Pemaquid Point

Design Connection - Pemaquid Point
Stitched over 2 on 28 ct. Pewter using recommended DMC threads

Pemaquid Point is in Maine, and is one of our favorite places. This pattern was based on a view of the light from either the rocks or the water - the lighthouse sits on a rocky cliff overlooking the ocean. This is the view you get driving up to it:

We love going here because there's an awesome little gift shop - the Sea Gull Shop - with a tiny attached restaurant that serves the best blueberry pancakes you've ever had. And the dining room is a screened in porch overlooking the ocean. You just can't ask for a better breakfast.

DH just finished this piece last night. I think he started it sometime over Christmas, and since he's not as scattered as I am when it comes to stitching, this was his only focus (which explains how he got it done so quickly!) We decided it would look nicer on the bluish colored fabric instead of the recommended white, and I think it turned out GREAT!

17 comments:

Chiloe said...

Congratulations to your husband !!! It's really nice and you made me want to go there to have pancakes !!! ;-)

Julie said...

Well done to your DH, it looks stunning!!

Kathryn said...

If it's Maine, it's gotta be grey (or at least greyish blue)! That is a lovely picture.

Christine said...

Wow, your DH stitches?? That's awesome!! He did a great job on this piece!

Ruth said...

Woo hoo Mr. Sweet Pea! Great work. I'm pretty annoyed that now all I can think of is blueberry pancakes.

tkdchick said...

Wow you're hubby is a great stitcher! If he likes lighthouses he should check out the ones by The Silver Lining, they're spectacular!

Barbara said...

I often wish my DH would join me in stitching ... but then I realize he'd be ever so much better, and I'm satisfied again. LOL!

Pemaquid Point is a place I haven't been since childhood. I'll try to visit it while we're in Maine this summer. (Oh, I cannot wait!!)

Lynn said...

Wow, your DH does some awesome work! Started it over Christmas?!... I can't imagine ever finishing anything that quickly. Oh yeah, now I remember, it's because we ladies are always multi-tasking. Not a male's forte, lol!!
Love the choice of fabric, it really compliments the piece.

Cheryl said...

Congrats to your DH! I just posted a lighthouse pic on my blog too :)

Pumpkin said...

That is SO awesome Jennifer! Your DH is a great stitcher :o) I agree, it does look much better on that color. It makes the pattern pop! Where in Maine is that one? I asked DH and he didn't know, meaning we've never been there ;o)

Linda said...

Your husbands work is beautiful! I would love to visit the place and have some of those blueberry pancakes, my favorite!

~Kim~ said...

What a wonderful treasure of favorite place to visit! Your DH did a wonderful job!

~Kim~

Carla said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations to your husband :)

Kim said...

Congrats on your H's finish, he did a great job!!! That's pretty quick, if he just started in December.

C in DC said...

Congratulations to DH on a beautiful finish. I love XS pictures like this, but I have no patience for stitching them. I'm envious of those who can.

Janet said...

Looks fabulous, especially the fabric colour. How wonderful to have such a beautiful reminder of a favourite place.

What a dreamy place for a breakfast!!

Sally said...

Wow your DH's piece is gorgeous! He's done a fantastic job.