Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Feast #180

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet for Your Brain

Appetizer: Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?
When we were kids, we used to think it was pretty funny to wrap the toilet seat in plastic wrap and switch salt for sugar (and vice versa) on April Fool's Day. (As an adult, I can see how that's really not that funny.)

Soup: What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

Well, there are the ones on my table which are pretty boring, cut glass with silver metal tops. Don't get too excited - they're from the dollar store. I also have OXO pepper and salt grinders in the kitchen. (I don't even know why I have a regular pepper shaker because I prefer fresh ground pepper.) I am seriously considering getting a regular pepper grinder because this one has a habit of coming open when I am grinding and more than once has spread a wave of peppercorns over my food.


I would probably like some fanicer crystal ones - like these that I am madly in love with - to go with my china some day, but that's a ways off. Why yes, they ARE lighthouses (by Lenox)


Salad: Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?
Good question. Outside of my local tri-state area (which we tend to explore on weekends), the next place I will probably go will be our hometown at the end of March for Easter, followed by Long Island for the Lighthouse Challenge in May.

Main Course: What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?
I LOVE Bath and Bodyworks Vanilla Bean Noel, especially the body cream. I put some on every night to keep my hands from drying up. I'm also a big fan of their body butter, but I don't know if they make it any more. In a pinch, I use Neutrogena Hand cream - the super concentrated stuff.

Dessert: Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.
Well, there would have to be chocolate - probably dark or bittersweet - involved, preferably in the form of a dense, fudgy flourless cake, raspberries (fresh AND raspberry sauce), and whipped cream (fresh, if you please). Hmmmm.... this sounds remarkably like the Valentine's Day Cake my DH made for me one year. It was hands down the best dessert I have ever had.

3 comments:

Novice Stitcher said...

When my sister and I were children, we each had red pajamas with feet. One day at bathtime we got into our pajamas and then into the bathtub, and called out to our mother that we were bleeding. She came running in, and needless to say she was not amused!

Linda said...

Here's a really corny April Fools joke. Have kid brother sit on television. Run to other room.Shout excitedly, "Mom, little brother is on t.v!" Watch as she looks at you in disbelief. Don't giggle or squirm. Then run after her to the family room and scream in unison, "April Fools!" We got this from the Brady Bunch I think. It worked the first time, but she was savvy by the next year!

Kathy A. said...

What a great series of answers. Loved it!!!!