Friday, July 18, 2008

Thanks, Meari! Thanks, Michele!


Sweet Meari awarded me a KreativBlogger Award, with the stipulation that I pass it on to five more bloggers who will in turn pass it onto another five (and so on and so forth....). As is usually the case, it's VERY hard to narrow it down to just five, but I'll give it a shot.

UPDATED: Lovely Michele also awarded me. Thanks, Michele!
Whenever I get one of these awards, I try to highlight different blogs, perhaps some blogs that people aren't as familiar with, as it makes me sad to see stitchers post they are considering deleting their blogs because they don't think anyone reads them. I read over 200 blogs and each and every one of them brings me some kind of inspiration, joy, happiness, etc. I try to comment whenever possible, especially if I have a more in depth comment. "Nice work!" comments are wonderful and ALWAYS appreciated, but a more detailed comment that engages the author in some way is especially nice.

If you read some wonderful blogs, take a few seconds and leave a comment for the author so they feel appreciated. Even better, put a link to their blog on yours or find some way of spreading the word. I can't tell you how many wonderful stitchers I have encountered just by following a trail from one blog to the next.

7 comments:

Shari said...

Hi Jennifer,
thought I would pay you a visit! Meari also awarded me with this award. I am 'in process' of trying to 'learn' how to do the underlining, so people can see my nominees. I will check your blog again!!

Pumpkin said...

I love how you picked these Blogs! I agree, it's nice to be introduced to new ones or ones readers have not seen before. I know I have a few new ones I'll be checking out ;o)

Olenka's Stitches said...

Oh, thank you Jennifer. That is really a wonderful surprise! Congratulations to other nominees.

Barbara said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! :D

Yuko said...

Oh Thank you so much, Jennifer!
It's great surprise!
I'm so happy to be nominated!

C in DC said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I'll do a post tomorrow. Who to choose, that's the question!

Patty said...

Well, obviously I am behind with my blog reading -- I just saw this now. Thank you so much!! I love that I get to pass it on. :)