Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday's Feasts: 194, 195 & 196

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet for Your Brain

Feast One Hundred & Ninety Four

Appetizer: If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?
I'd have to go with Australia. I've been interested in (obsessed with at some points) Australia for as long as I can remember. I went through an obsessed period in high school and I even had a shirt with various depictions of Australia printed on it in blue, almost like a toile fabric. I like Australian music (INXS, Midnight Oil, TOFOG, etc.) I have a collection of kangaroos (probably about 100 or so, in various forms) and various other Australian paraphenalia. My second choice would be the UK.

Soup: Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?
I probably should be ashamed to admit that I am an Explorer girl, but I'm not.

Salad: On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?
Probably a 7 or 8. Used to be higher - I had quite a few history classes in high school and college, but some of the information has escaped me. But my DH likes history and documentaries, and we both like traveling (I've seen a great deal of the US), so we've been to many historical sites. It also helps that we've lived in and around Philadelphia most of our lives, so we're readily familiar with the founding fathers and all that.

Main Course: Finish this sentence: Love is…
All you need? (We used it as our entrance to our wedding reception)

Dessert: Have you ever been in or near a tornado?
No, and I don't care to be. Scary stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feast One Hundred & Ninety Five

Appetizer: What is the weather like today where you live?
Warm, but pleasant. Upper 80s, but the humidity isn't so bad. Bright blue skies. I hear nasty hot weather is coming though.

Soup: On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?
Eh, these days probably about a 4. I used to be much more focused, but my priorities have changed. Doesn't mean I still don't love a nice fat paycheck though!

Salad: What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?
We have fancy wooden blinds courtesy of the previous owners in the front windows of the house, some weird drapey stuff (which will be going at some point) on the windows in the living room and dining room, mini blinds on the back windows, and plain cotton canvas on the family room windows. Other than the nice wooden blinds, I can take or leave the rest of it, and will most likely change it when we start painting the house to our tastes.

Main Course: Name something that instantly cheers you up.
My 5 year old niece. I adore that kid and she cracks me up. Also, flowers, little presents, phone calls from my best friend, cards from my grandmother-in-law, setting foot on the beach

Dessert: How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?
at least 3x. I set my alarm to account for it. See the career minded question above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


Feast One Hundred & Ninety Six

Appetizer: When was the last time you had your hair cut/trimmed?
Right before we moved in early June. I knew it was going to be a while before we got settled and I found a new salon, so I had it done. It does, however, desperately need to be colored.

Soup: Name one thing you miss about being a child.
GOOD Saturday morning cartoons and cold pizza, followed by playing Barbies. I know that's more than one thing, but it's hard to narrow it down.

Salad: Pick one: butter, margarine, olive oil.
Pick one to throw out the window? Margarine. I hate that stuff. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I usually cook with olive oil, but sometimes there's no substitute for butter.

Main Course: If you could learn another language, which one would you pick, and why?
Spanish would be the most useful. Gaelic would be closest to my heart. German would be closest to my DH's heart. I've started learning a little German, but the Gaelic is tough.

Dessert: Finish this sentence: In 5 years I expect to be…
A parent.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Yay! I was finally able to show my DH that I'm not the only one who turns off the snooze 3 or 4 times. I set my alarm according as well and he just has a hard time understanding why I can't get up the first time it goes off. Of course, he loves his job!
Are you Welsh Jennifer? I saw your mention of the Gaelic language and wondered.

Maureen said...

Hi there - new to your blog...
stick to Australia for your other continent, avoid the UK! I'm in Scotland and it is cold and wet and miserable and this is supposed to be summer aah!! (I've just got back from my lovely hot summer holiday and am feeling it particularly badly at the mo - I normally do like it lol) -

I also do the thing with the snooze button - isn't that what it is there for?

Kim B said...

*Sigh* Barbies!