Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Guess what was in the mail for me yesterday?


Less than a WEEK after I placed the order, my kit arrived from the UK! How's THAT for service??? I ordered from Sew and So, and not only did I get almost immediate confirmation when I ordered the kit, but they sent me a shipping confirmation when the chart went out (the day after I ordered it). It was nicely packaged in a sturdy envelope, so there were no bends or folds or anything. I would absolutely order from them again and recommend them to anyone. After my experience with the other store, I am so glad Sew and So came through. My only minor complaint was that shipping was almost $8 US, much higher than the other online store I ordered from, but with service like that, it's hard to complain.

So now I have to start stitching away on it so it's ready to personalize when the baby gets here. My friend is due in early September, so I want to have the bulk of the piece completed. I'm also going to do some re-arranging in the center section to be able to include the time of birth and the length. I think I have plenty of room to play around in there, especially if I take out the words "Born" and "Weight".

I also have to get in touch with my new LNS to find out if I Do has arrived yet. I asked them to order it 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them yet, so I might have to give them a little nudge. I know the owner is out recovering from surgery and the store is being run by part time staff, but I still need to get this piece stitched up in time for the wedding which is a month away.

11 comments:

Petra said...

What a great baby sampler, best of luck with it! I stopped going to my LNS, one reason being ordering items that never came in...so I just order online now, much easier. I know we should support our LNS, but then LNS's should take a lesson on customer service!

Stephanie said...

Oh, hadn't realised that you were using Sew & So, they are brilliant, use them all the time (bit cheaper when you live in the UK!!) They do next day service for £1 here :) Good luck with getting it all started, and hope 'I Do' turns up soon!

Sally said...

I love Sew and So! I use them quite often, especially when I need something in a hurry. I didn'#t realise you'd ordered from them.

Irishenchantment said...

wow that was quick jen its a lovely design too

i emailed you also hope to hear from you soon :)

Julie said...

Lovely charts, i use Sew and So, good, fast service.

Claire said...

Hey! I've given you an award but you have to stop by my blog to pick it up!

Cheers

Pumpkin said...

That's wonderful Jennifer!!!! Good to know that they give great service and what a change from your other experience.

Cute pattern :o)

stitcherw said...

What an adorable sampler, it will be so cute done up. Glad they got it to you so quickly. Hopefully I Do turns up soon as well. Good luck with meeting both your goals.
Sue

Emily said...

Cute projects you got! I am always happy with Sew & So. Whenever I order something from the states shipping is often $10+. Sew & So is something like $4 for me.

Chiloe said...

Sew and so is great : I always use it to get cheaper kits than the ones sold here in France. Thier service is great and fast.

You got nice stash ;)

Jenna said...

I've heard great things about Sew & So before. Not only were they fast to get your order out, but the post office must have been really booking to get it to you so quickly!