Friday, August 15, 2008

A movie quiz

I spotted this fun little quiz on both Mindy and Dianne's blogs, so I played along with theirs and made up my own. If you know any of them, leave a quote in the comments.

The rules are as follows:
1. Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
5. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.

If you don't know what IMDB is, definitely check it out. It's one of my favorite sites!

And here come the quotes!

1. Where ya been these last ten years?
Yeah, where ya been, "Marv"?
Ya look great!
Thanks. I work at Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Ya do not!
I do! I sell biscuits and gravy all over the southland.
You're so funny.
He's a funny guy.

2. Hello, Katarina. Make anyone cry today?
Sadly, no. But it's only 4:30.

3. A Zamboni? Wow, I'm getting wet just thinkin' about it.

4. Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now.

5. I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England.

6. what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

7. So what's your story? You the poor kid that never got to go to Exeter or Andover?
Despite my privileged upbringing, I'm actually quite well-balanced. I have a chip on both shoulders.

8. If you are gonna name my... member, you have to name it something hyper masculine. Something like Spike, or Butch, or Krull the Warrior King!

9. Well "Sinead O'Rebellion." Shock me shock me shock me with that deviant behavior.
God, that is so clever. I swear you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets.

10. Have fun stormin' da castle.
Think it'll work?
It would take a miracle.

11. I do ballet because it has nothing to do with the people. Give me tiaras and boys in tights any day.

12. Talking about love is like dancing about architecture

13. Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

14. Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours

15. Well thank you for including me in this timeless feminine ritual. Here's to the husbands who've won you, the losers who've lost you, and the lucky bastards who've yet to meet you.

18 comments:

Rachel said...

This may take a while to get on my blog but I believe I've found a couple of yours. Great movies btw.

4 - Pretty Woman
6 - Billy Madison
10 - Princess Bride
13 - Monty Python, Holy Grail

Donna said...

1 - Grosse Pointe Blank
3 - Mystery, Alaska
7 - A Beautiful Mind

I knew 4, 10, and 13 but Rachel beat me to it...LOL

diadsie said...

I think I only knew Monty Python and the Holy Grail-but I was like-it that....? Now if you used 'bring out your dead' or I fart in your general direction'. Some of the ones guessed I haven't seen.

diadsie said...

Gee, I looked at the others through a search-only seen about 4 of these. Guess I was in the throngs of Disney movies when some of these came out.

Angela said...

5 - Love Actually.

The rest I have no idea at all on but then looking at the answers already given I've not see a few of them

stitcherw said...

Only one I got was #4, which Rachel already named. I think I need to do some movie watching. :)
Sue

mercy said...

I know 3 but Rachel already guessed one of them (Pretty Woman)
#9 is Empire Records...haven't seen that movie in YEARS!! Think I may have to watch it soon :-) and #8 is How to lose a guy in 10 days

Christine said...

Oh, I know #2!! That's "10 Things I Hate About You"!!! Love that movie!!

Dani said...

4- Pretty Woman
8 - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
10 - Princess Bride

Jean said...

I only knew #4 Pretty woman. That was really fun!

Kathy A. said...

love the ort container - 5 years - wow - im impressed.

Wendy said...

#14 Sex and The City!!!

#15 The Wedding Date with the Supreme Hottie Dermot Mulroney

Kathryn said...

Ah, too late for the ones I knew. But I also love Love Actually, 10 Things, and Monty Python (that's a GREAT quote).

Ruth said...

lol Ok, the only one pathetic ole me knows is #4 Pretty woman. lol

Claire said...

Great game! I only knew pretty woman and princess bride tho.

cheers

tammie said...

great game no 4 pretty woman
5 serendipity i thought
6 i though it was out of one of the jane austens possibly pride and prejudice.. i dont know
8 how to lose a guy in ten days
11 is that from billy elliot
14 Elizabeth
15 runaway bride.

hope i have not made myself sound really idiotic. please give us the answers...lol

Jen said...

OK, I am going to open myself up to sounding really stupid...is #1 from "Fargo"? I know someone guessed "Grosse Pointe Blank" but I thought I would give it a try. We recently introduced our 12 year old DD to Monty Python...thankful to say she got the same sense of humor as us! Oh, and great game!!

~Kim~ said...

Hi! Check out my blog, I left you an award :)