Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pattern

As some of you know, there's a pattern by Waxing Moon Designs called "My Needle and My Floss, They Comfort Me" that has been making the rounds from one stitcher to the next.

Anna (aka Stitch Bitch) plotted the journeys of this chart, and gathered up links to the pictures:

Harmien in the Netherlands (November 3, 2007, scroll down)
Sent it to Lili in France (June 15, 2007),
Who sent it to Barbara in Malaysia (June 25, 2007)
Who sent it to Tessa in Australia (July 16, 2007)
Who sent it to Lizzie in North Carolina, U.S. (February 26, 2008)
Who sent it to Barbara in the Netherlands (March 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Sarah (no blog) in Ohio, U.S. (April 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Anna in Pennsylvania, U.S. (June 2008)
Who sent it to Wendy in Ontario, Canada (July 4, 2008)
Who sent it to Sue in Michigan, U.S. (August 2, 2008)
Who sent it to Jennifer in Pennsylvania, U.S.

I've been stitching away on it the last couple nights, and it's coming along well. The hardest part for me was making the color changes, which you'll get to see as soon as I get off my lazy duff and take a photo to post. For now, suffice it to say that my DH was most helpful in the color selection, pointing out that you wouldn't be able to see the lettering if I went with my original plan to make the dress dark blue. Nice catch! So I went with another shade of blue and I think it will turn out great.

In the meantime, I'll be taking names for stitchers interested in joining the Sisterhood, and drawing a winner early next week, probably Monday or Tuesday (we're having company this weekend, so it won't be before then). The only requirement for receiving this chart is that you must pass on the original chart in a timely fashion to the next stitcher. I will send the chart anywhere in the world, so if you'd like to join the Sisterhood and can promise the chart will continue its journies, leave your name and a method of contacting you (blog, email) as a comment on THIS POST.

And it's not a requirement, but it would be nice to take Anna's archiving and add on as each stitcher joins the Sisterhood, and post the links in your own blog when you receive the chart.

38 comments:

Lee said...

I'd love a turn! So put my name into the hat.
Thanks Jennifer!

Anna van Schurman said...

I was just wondering when we were going to see your stitching on this. Get off your duff! ;)

C in DC said...

Congratulations on receiving the pattern. Please add me to your drawing.

Nic said...

I'd love to be added to the drawing - I've been following this pattern around and it's lead me to some great blogs who are now regulars on my Google reader, including yourself!

Thank you :o)

xstitch.nl said...

How wonderful to see all of our names together!! Isn't it wonderful that she has travelled the world and is still going strong?!! Can't wait to see yours!!

~Kim~ said...

WOOHOO!! I would LOVE the opportunity to stitch this design, and would pass it on. Please enter my name into the draw. :)

~Kim~

CJ said...

Hey there!! I would love a chance to be part of this pattern's history. Keep me in mind.

CJ

Sally said...

I would love to be in the draw for the travelling pattern please Jennifer. I promise to pass it on if I'm successful.

Kathy A. said...

Jennifer - please put my name in the hat. I have been watching her progress and would love to be included. I promise to send her on in a timely fashion.

Redwitch said...

Hello, I would love to be included in the drawing. Following this pattern has been fun and I would pass it on to the next sister stitcher.

Daffycat said...

How much fun is that? I'd love to be part of the Sisterhood. Enter me, please!

Lili said...

Hi Jennifer!
I wanted to thank you for your kind comment about Salem: I have found such support in this stitching blogger's community... And what a pleasure to see that you're stitching this lovely lady comforted by her needles and floss -just like so many of us are...
I can't wait to see yours...
Take care,
Lili

Aussie Stitcher said...

Would love to become a member of the Sisterhood, please include me in the draw, and I promise to send it along it's merry way quickly.

Pumpkin said...

I've been following her and I would love the chance to join and stitch her along with the rest of you :o)

I can't wait to see yours!

Kathryn said...

Please add my name to the list for the Sisterhood. I promise to send it on promptly. I could use a smaller project with all the BAPs I have now.

Lelia said...

I'd enjoy a turn with this design/pattern : ) Thx

Nicki said...

I'd love to go in the drawing please! I've been following her round the world for quite a while now :)

Courtney said...

I would love a chance to stitch this!! Please add me!

Donna said...

I'd love to stitch my take on this pattern. Add me to your drawing please!

Dawn said...

I would love to be added to the drawing.:)

Michele said...

can't wait to see your stitching of this pattern :) they've all been so different and wonderful!

and please add me to the drawing :)

Olenka's Stitches said...

If it is not too late, I'd like to be added to the drawing too.

Rita said...

Could you add my name to the drawing too?

Rita from Hungary

Teresa said...

Please include my name.
Thanks so much!!
I promise if my name is picked, I will stitch it right away!!

Pike said...

Hello! A chart going around thee world - THAT IS FUN, so count me in, please.

Pirjo from Finland
http://Pirjoka.vuodatus.net
pirjo dot kallioniemi (at) yahoo dot com

Dianne said...

Hey that's awesome you got to stitch her. I tried to win her when Barbara had her, so I'd love to try with you.
: )
Can't wait to see your completed design.
Dianne
diadsie@comcast.net

Tessa said...

Looking forward to seeing your dress!
Happy Stitching :)

Kat said...

I'd love to be included in this. Thanks!

stormatseastitching said...

I'd love to be part of the sisterhood. Please add me to the drawing. Thanks! :)

Svenja

Meari said...

That was really fun to look at all the different versions of the traveling pattern.

Lynn said...

Congrats on being the new member of the Sisterhood! I would love to be entered into the draw to receive this next. Please include me. I look forward to seeing your version on this one!

Barbara said...

Cannot wait to see what you do with this, Jennifer! :D

Cricketstitch said...

Congrats on be added to the Sisterhood list. I would love to be entered into your drawing, please include me in. I would love to win it!!

tammie said...

let me join the sisterhood please i am surrounded by five men in my house never had any sisters.. lol i need the sister hood lol please let me join i promise to pass it on lol;-)

tkdchick said...

Please add my name for the list for the sisterhood chart!

mymarkdesigns said...

I've been following this from the start... please add my name to your hat :)

Rachel S said...

That is very beautiful!

Mare said...

Please add my name to the list. What a cool idea! marexstitch at yahoo.com thanks