Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Answers to The Movie Quiz

1. Grosse Pointe Blank - Love this movie. Love the soundtrack (both volumes). I love this movie so much I can almost quote the entire thing. Sometimes those quotes randomly work themselves into my every day conversation. Once, a salesperson asked me what I did for a living. "Professional killer" almost slipped out. LOL

2. 10 Things I Hate About You - Another awesome soundtrack. Fantastic movie. Don't automatically dismiss it as a teen movie. It's quite clever.

3. Mystery, Alaska - Two words. Russell Crowe. I love Russell Crowe.

4. Pretty Woman - A classic.

5. Love, Actually - Fascinating story, wonderful editing.

6. Billy Madison - Another movie I can quote from beginning to end, and often do. Don't ask. It's a sickness. And inevitably, my answer to the question "What's today?" is "October?"

7. A Beautiful Mind - Another Russell Crowe, but it's still an incredible movie. Even once you know what the plot twist is, it still manages to make you believe.

8. How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Saw this in the theater and laughed so hard I almost hyperventilated. Bought it on DVD the day it came out

9. Empire Records - Another rockin soundtrack, and highly quotable movie. "Veeeee-to!" has been uttered on more than one occasion.

10. The Princess Bride - So much fun to watch

11. Center Stage - Sasha Radetsky. If you don't know who he is, you should. Another movie I saw in the theater and bought the day it came out.

12. Playing By Heart - Gillian Anderson, Sean Connery, Jon Stewart, Jay Mohr, Anthony Edwards, Gena Rowlands and more. Incredible cast, extremely watchable, and how can any Sean Connery movie be bad?

13. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - I've loved this movie since jr. high. It's also one of DH's favorite movies. But we're irreverant like that....

14. Sex and the City Movie - Saw it in the theater, but only after reading spoilers to make sure Carrie and Big ended up together.

15. The Wedding Date - Debra Messing and Dermott Mulroney. Hot, hot, hot.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

True. 10 Things I Hate About You is Very Smart. They didn't try to change it too much from the Shakespeare play. And Julia Stiles! For me, Gross Pointe Blank is all about John Cusack, as is ConAir and High Fidelity, and The Grifters! I like the Wedding Date, but the plot is, ugh (stoopid?) Debra and Dermott just about make up for it.

Trixie said...

Great movies! I'm in love with most of them.

Oh, the Sean Connery comment ... Ya ever seen Outland?? Bad, bad movie. :o)

C in DC said...

Great list. I'll have to add the ones I haven't seen to the netflix queue.