Monday, April 7, 2014

Late for St. Patrick's Day


Luck by Bent Creek

I have a fondness for Bent Creek pieces, especially their alphabet pieces like this one.  I started around St. Patrick's Day last year and finished it up sometime in November or December.  It was one of those pieces that I started for myself, then had other things I needed to work on intervene.  Since St. Patrick's Day (or HAPPY PATRICK'S DAY as Little Dude calls it) is my second favorite holiday (after Christmas), I've started working on Irish or shamrock themed pieces around that time of year.

I think this one may be destined for our guest room, as I'm considering doing a sort of Irish theme in there.  The walls are green and the bedding and curtains are black and white, and the current artwork hanging in there is framed notecards featuing pen and ink drawings of covered bridges.

If you'd like to see the other Bent Creek pieces I've stitched, you can find them here, here and here.  Oh, and here, where I did Wedding Row for my favorite cousin.

9 comments:

Robin said...

Love your Luck piece, Jennifer! And I went back to peek at your other BC pieces. Super works!

Robin in Virginia

stitchersanon said...

Lovely finish. Living in Ireland I guess we take St. Paddy's day for granted really. One day off and then it's over. Fantastic finishes, I love BC too x

Blu said...

Very cute finish!

Von said...

This piece will be perfect in your guest room, Jennifer!

♥ Nia said...

Lovely stitching :) congrats on your finish!

Brigitte said...

It' such a long time since I stitched a Bent Creek design. This one is so lovely that I feel really motivated to pull out my BC charts and to choose one to stitch next.

Carol said...

I love this finish, Jenn, and was actually considering stitching it in March. Seeing how lovely yours turned out inspires me to put it on my list for next St. Patrick's Day...

Michele said...

love love Luck! I sooo need to stitch this one :)

Catherine said...

Very sweet!