Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bent Creek's I Do.... I'm DONE!

This is the piece that everyone voted on for the wedding we're going to on Friday. I'm SO pleased with how it came out, but I'm frustrated by the frame because I can't get the back in with the double mat and the mounting board. I'll have to have DH work on it a little. I guess that will teach me to buy pre-made frames that are really just meant for photos!

Bent Creek's "I Do"
stitched over 2 on 28 ct. Navy Bean linen with DMC, GAST and WDW Threads


I decided I liked the look of their names better than their initials, so I was glad their names were relatively short. I also went darker with the leaf and letter colors, and if I were to stitch it again, I might have chosen a brighter green color for the "I Do" instead of the blue, but I think it looks nice this way as well. It was definitely a fun and easy stitch, and I'd stitch it again if the occasion called for it. Since it goes together so quickly, it's a nice chart to keep on hand for future gifts.

17 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful job Jennifer! I agree, their whole names do look better :o)

Andrea said...

Beautiful!

Michele said...

love it! I'm sure the bride and groom will love it too!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Great finish! I think it looks super in this frame; I'm sure it will become a keepsake.

Barbara said...

Jennifer, this came out great!!!

Cricketstitch said...

I love this design, I may have to do this one for DH and myself. Thank you for the pic and inspiration!

Wendy said...

Oh, it turned out wonderfully!!! Congrats on getting it done on time.

About the back. On occasions where the inset isn't deep enough, I've been able to use my own staple gun to place little "holders" on the sides. Then I covered the back with a brown paper and it replaced the original back. Do you have enough room to do something like that?

Good luck! Congrats again!

Julie said...

Beautiful stitching, have fun at the wedding.

Sally said...

That is beautiful Jennifer. I bet the bride and groom will love it.

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Congrats.

Carolien said...

What a lovely finish, Jennifer! It looks great in this frame.
Have a nice day & hugs, Carolien

Lisa said...

Came out great, Jenn. Lucky couple they are :-)

Olenka's Stitches said...

The wedding Sampler looks fabulous!
Have fun at the wedding.

diadsie said...

How did I miss this? It's really sweet and I'm sure Jenn and Marc loved it. : )

Wendy said...

Very nice finish - it makes a wonderful personalized gift for the happy couple.

Deirdre said...

That is gorgeous! I love the colors!

Meari said...

It looks fabulous, Jenn!