Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ta DAH!!!!!!

My Needle and My Floss, They Comfort Me
Waxing Moon Designs #119

Stitched on 28 ct. natural linen with DMC, GAST and WDW threads

I finished up the last few stitches this afternoon and got the camera out to take some pictures. Don't tell my MIL though - she's been bugging me since January to send her the pictures I took at Christmas and I still haven't gotten around to doing it. (To be fair, though, I detest sending out photos without fixing issues like red eye and such, and it takes a lot more time to do that than it does to take a stitching picture, which is why she hasn't gotten them yet.)

As you can see, I made some color changes to suit my own personal tastes. Since blue is my favorite color, naturally, I had to go with some variation on that. It took me a little bit to figure out which blue, since I was thinking about going with a dark blue and grey color scheme, till DH pointed out that the lettering wouldn't show up on her skirt if I used a darker blue for it, and if I changed the lettering to a lighter color to contrast with the skirt, it wouldn't show up as nice on the linen. DRAT!! What to do, what to do? Why, go with a lighter color scheme, of course!

Picking out the hair color was hard - I knew I wanted to do a dark auburn hair to match mine, and pale skin (which ended up not contrasting as much with the other lighter colors as I would have liked but it doesn't look as blended IRL). Now to get her framed up and hanging.

And now it is my duty to pass this pattern on to the next stitcher. I had 31 stitchers eager to join the Sisterhood, but alas, the pattern can only go to one stitcher at a time. And the winner is....

CJ from Tea and Stitches. CJ, I'll be leaving you a comment on your blog as well, but please email me at sweetpeastitches @ yahoo.com with your mailing address and I'll get it out to you ASAP. Ladies, you'll want to keep an eye on CJ's blog so when the pattern is up for grabs again, you can be ready.

History of the Sisterhood:

Harmien in the Netherlands (November 3, 2007, scroll down)
Sent it to Lili in France (June 15, 2007)
Who sent it to Barbara in Malaysia (June 25, 2007)
Who sent it to Tessa in Australia (July 16, 2007)
Who sent it to Lizzie in North Carolina, U.S. (February 26, 2008)
Who sent it to Barbara in the Netherlands (March 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Sarah (no blog) in Ohio, U.S. (April 11, 2008)
Who sent it to Anna in Pennsylvania, U.S. (June 2008)
Who sent it to Wendy in Ontario, Canada (July 4, 2008)
Who sent it to Sue in Michigan, U.S. (August 2, 2008)
Who sent it to Jennifer in Pennsylvania, U.S. (September 2, 2008)
Who sent it to CJ in Texas, U.S.

22 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful finish, she looks wonderful.

Wendy said...

Congrats to CJ on being the next to receive the Sisterhood pattern. Yours looks wonderful!

Anna van Schurman said...

Hey, sister, that's lovely!

Irene said...

Looks wonderful, love the colors !

CJ said...

Jennifer -

She looks fabulous. I am so thrilled I was selected to be the next stitcher. I have sent you my info.

Thanks again.

CJ

Michele said...

congrats CJ! Jennifer, she's lovely! The blues are perfect :) Congrats on the finish.

xstitch.nl said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish, Jennifer!! I love your colour choices!! Another unique Lady in our Sisterhood!! Happy stitching to CJ!!

Barbara said...

Congratulations! Love the colors you went with! :D

mymarkdesigns said...

Congrats on the finish... pretty colors!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish, Jenn! It looks great.

Sally said...

It is gorgeous Jennifer. Congratulations on your finish and congratulations to CJ!

Dianne said...

You did a wonderful job Jennifer! I like the colors you went with. Sad I didn't get chosen, but maybe sometime in the future.

Heather said...

How cute! It looks good, and i like your color changes :D

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! What a great job Jennifer :o) I think you did very well picking out colors.

Sharon said...

It looks beautiful! Congrats.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Congratulations on the lovely finish, it looks great!

Andrea said...

Congratulations on the wonderful finish.

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Love your changes! As I look at that list and realize there are already 2 Pennsylvanians on there, I realize it would be tempting fate to try to win it someday myself. I missed voting this go around but I'll keep trying in the future for the sheer fun of it. I think it's so cool that this pattern has traveled around the world.

Lili said...

Congratulations! She's just so lovely...
Love your "I do'" finish too...
Take care,
Lili

stormatseastitching said...

Beautiful finish! Love your colour changes.

Svenja

Redwitch said...

Your sister looks great and congrats to CJ. I really enjoy following this around, it's introduced me to some lovely bloggers :)

Carolien said...

Another finish! You are going so fast! I love the shoes of the lady!!!

Greetings, Carolien