Sunday, September 21, 2008

My very first Fair & Square Exchange


French Country Bunny by JBW Designs
Stitched by Michele with Sugar Maple Floss in Candy Floss
Fair & Square Exchange, Round #9

Isn't he adorable? Michele stitched this for me for my very first F&S Exchange and he arrived yesterday. I LOVE it - and I already know what I'll be doing with these squares. They'll be made into an ornament for my Bride's Tree collection that I am technically working on (but the project has fallen a bit by the wayside.) This fulfills the rabbit ornament, and it's even more special having been stitched by my new friend Michele.

Michele also included a cute little tin of mints featuring photos of the Seattle area. I've never visited the West Coast, but it's definitely on my list of places to see (do you know how many lighthouses are out there? LOTS!) and I hope to include Seattle in my journies some day. The mint tin will be perfect as a needle case once the mints are gone and a bit of sticky back magnetic sheet is installed. I think it will fit neatly into one of the mesh pockets in my traveling stitching bag.

I also finished up the stitching on Michele's squares, and photographed them this morning, so they'll be going out in the mail tomorrow. I am absolutely thrilled with them and I can't wait to share pictures, but of course, Michele gets to see them first.

As for me today, it's Sunday, and you know what that means. Football. Plus my beloved Dallas Cowboys are the Sunday Night game, so I'm excited about that. Can I tell you how absolutely annoyed and disappointed I was that they had to play on Monday night? I cannot STAND the crew that does the MNF broadcast on ESPN and I was happy to see we only had one Monday Night game this season. Tony Kornheiser annoys me in ways I can't even describe, and I'm not a big Jaws fan, although he's tolerable when Kornheiser is not around. Kornheiser is just awful - he's not funny, he knows very little about football and he NEVER SHUTS UP. Ugh. It's enough to make me insane. I even prefer John Madden to Kornheiser. It will be a happy day for football fans everywhere when they fire him from the MNF broadcast.

20 comments:

Barbara said...

What a cute bunny! :D

staci said...

Really cute squares :) And I sooo agree with you about the Monday Night announcers! So annoying!!!

Meari said...

Cute bunny, Jennifer. I bet you're glad Dallas won. :)

Meari said...

Oh, PS - I think you *do* need a crop-a-dile. LOL

Dianne said...

Michele stitched you a sweet piece!
I have a Jaws story-lol
My mom worked at Widener in the career center(among other secretarial jobs she has there)and the Eagles use to practice there. He came in her office to ask where to get to so and so and saw my photo. He asked if that was my mom's daughter and she said yes, and he said I was pretty. ; ) Always liked him after that!
John Madden is extremely annoying to me though.

Carla said...

Cute squares!!

Sharon said...

Pretty squares!

Julie said...

Cute squares, looking forward to seeing what you stitch for Michelle

Pumpkin said...

A BUNNY!!!! Michele did a beautiful job :o) Can't wait to see what you stitched for her.

Kathy said...

Cute Bunny. All those type of JBW designs are soo much fun.

Carolien said...

What a lovely bunny, lucky you! :)

Hugs & greetings, Carolien

Patty said...

That bunny is so cute! I can't wait to see your squares.

Sherry said...

I LOVE the bunny. So jealous he's not mine....Can't wait to see what you stitched.

Michele B. said...

What a nice exchange. I love JBW. I saw she has some new things out for the Online Needlework show. I'm looking forward to see your exchange work. Great idea for the needle case!

Cricketstitch said...

Hi Jennifer,
What a great exchange, the bunny is so cute. What will you make with it?

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. As for the potatoes, they are the best! Make alot... they get eaten real quick!LOL

Lynn said...

Love that little bunny! The colours are some of my favourites too!

Susan said...

What a lovely bunny. I received one of the cat ones in an exchange recently - seeing your finish has inspired me to pull mine out. The lady who sent me the exchange included some red thread, but I think I might do mine in pink.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment about my mum. I appreciate it!

Ranae said...

Cute bunny. Glad the exchange went well with you.

Andrea said...

Lovely F&S block, such a cute bunny, I do like these JBW designs.

Ruth said...

Dang, that's a very cute bunny! Congrats.