Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Fair and Square Exchange with Daniela


Autumn 2009 Round to Daniela T (http://myneedleart.blogspot.com/)
Bent Creek's Snapper Sampler
Stitched with WDW Cognac and GAST Mulberry
on Wichelt Copper Penny 32 ct. Fabric
Accented with Copper seed beads

This was one the the last pieces I stitched while pregnant, as I wanted to get it out before I went into the hospital. I absolutely LOVE how this came out - it was hard to part with! And the Wichelt fabric was very nice to stitch on. I had been admiring the color for a while now, and jumped at the chance to use it.

The original pattern called for cross stitches where the beads are, but I thought some copper colored beads from my stash would add a little something extra to the piece.

I also included a skein of my own handyed threads for Daniela in an autumn color.

17 comments:

C in DC said...

OOoooo. Love those colors! Nice job.

Pike said...

That looks lovely - and especially the beading is great!

Ranae said...

Pretty squares and the color is awesome. The beading sure adds to that extra touch

Lee said...

Sweet!

Daniela said...

Thank you so much again for your beautiful squares. I love them a lot.

mainely stitching said...

GORGEOUS, Jennifer!!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

Brigitte said...

It's really beautiful, Jennifer. I love your idea to add some beads instead of the cross stitches. Makes the piece very special.

Michele B. said...

What a lovely piece of work! Pregnancy sure makes you creative. I can't wait to see what you come up with now that you have a baby. But make sure you get some sleep!

Pumpkin said...

Ohhhhh, nice :oD Great detailing. No wonder you didn't want to let it go. LOL!

Andrea said...

Very pretty squares, love the colour.

Daffycat said...

So very beautiful. I really love the colors and the beads are such a nice touch. Well done, Jennifer!

Marie-P said...

Very pretty, I love the color and the beading.

So, are you a bit sleep deprived these days? :)

SilkLover said...

I love the autumn leaves thread you dyes! Super! Do you sell your threads?
juels51@yahoocom

Kim B said...

Very nice! And lucky Daniela to get her hands on some of your threads!

Carolyn NC said...

Lovely!

Janaina said...

Lovely, indeed!
Big hug for the new lil guy in the house! =)