Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally framed!

Safari Birth Sampler by Mary Stickley for The Coleshill Collection
Stitched with included threads over 2 on 28 ct. Antique White evenweave

Finally this piece is FRAMED!! It's been finished since last September and has been languishing in a drawer, waiting to be framed. I've even had the frame since last fall, and for some reason, it just took forever to get around to actually framing the piece (or rather, getting DH to frame it). I rodered the frame from American Frame this time, and was quite pleased with the price, quality and service from them.

DH did a great job framing - he has much more patience for this sort of thing and will fiddle with it until everything lines up correctly. Usually I frame with sticky board (horror of horrors, I know) but we went with mat board and stainless steel pins this time. I noticed there was much less frustration (and cursing) on DH's part as he framed this piece, so maybe that's the way to go from now on.

This was a gift for a childhood friend whose son, as you can see, is over a year old. (I even thought about trying to get it done for his 1st birthday in August, but being pregnant myself really put a crimp in my plans!) DH got it in the mail Friday, and I got an email from my friend yesterday that it's already been received!

13 comments:

diadsie said...

What a lovely gift! Jeff did good with the framing. Maybe he could teach an old 'dog' (Brian) new tricks!
Dianne

Kim B said...

Beautiful job!

Michele said...

it's lovely!! I'm sure your friend loved it!

Can I send Jeff my framing??

Irene said...

Looks wonderful and your DH did a great job with the framing !

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely finish for such a lovely project. Baby samplers make such a wonderful gift. I am sure your friend appreciated all your hard work.

Maureen said...

What a gorgeous gift for your friend - the frame works really well ..

Rachel S said...

It's beautiful!

Carolyn NC said...

I love this!

Meari said...

Looks good, Jenn!

Brigitte said...

Oh Jennifer, it looks so great. Your DH definitely was doing a superb job framing this piece.

Michelle said...

Congrats on finally getting this framed - it looks fantastic!!! And thanks so much for the threads - they are gorgeous!

Lynn said...

You've done a really lovely job on this birth sampler. I'm sure your friend is thrilled with it.
I sure wish my DH could frame some of my work for me.

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful job! Love the frame :o)