Friday, October 30, 2009

Autumn Squares from Daniela

Autumn 2009 Round from Daniela T (My Needle Art)
Brooke's Books Autumn Pantry

These lovely squares came all the way from Finland in a wonderful exchange with Daniela. Not only do I love the squares, but Daniela included a beautiful felted wool flower pin she made (it's going to look perfect on my winter wool coat) and a gorgeous handmade card. I always admire these handmade cards, and I've gotten some really cool ones through these exchanges.

A tiny part of me is a little envious of the talent these cardmakers have, but the realistic part of me knows I can't take on another hobby (and probably couldn't do it as nicely as some of you can anyway!) So instead, I will admire the ones I receive and see posted on other blogs, and restrict myself to drooling in the paper and card aisles at the craft store.

Thank you, Daniela!

12 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

Beautiful!

Angela said...

Just caught up with your blog.

You managed to finish some lovely pieces before Nicholas arrived. I hope I've remembered his name correctly :-)

Love the new picture on your profile.

He must be a very good baby if you are finding time to blog.

Kim B said...

How pretty!

I am a craft junkie. I have got to stop picking up new crafts...

Kathy A. said...

What lovely squares. I received from Daniela one time too - it was beautiful as well. Thank goodness my DIL does those lovely cards - I just get her to make me one lol.

Daniela said...

I am glad you like my squares. It was such a great exchange.

CindyMae said...

Wonderful squares!!

Brigitte said...

Two great little squares that you received in this exchange.
I'm like you. There are so many crafty activities that I'd like to do but I think I have to spare them for retirement. Stitching and a little bit of quilting is just what keeps me busy enough, lol.

Lynn said...

What great sqaures! Daniela had done a lovely job. Of course I love anything relating to fall.

Pumpkin said...

I agree with you. That flower is just gorgeous!

Tessa said...

wow - those squares are really lovely and the flower pin is gorgous - what a lovely exchange :)

RuthB said...

well, aren't you the lucky one :) What a lovely package.

Kathy A. said...

Lovely lovely fair squares.