Monday, December 7, 2009

Two Fair and Square Finishes

I finished up 2 of 3 no-sew cubes I planned on making from some of my Fair and Square exchanges I've received.

First up is my Round #11 squares from Jeanie C (no blog). I knew as soon as I got them that they were destined to be a no-sew cube, trimmed in blue ribbon and put on display in our living room (our connected living and dining rooms are painted in several shades of blue that almost perfectly match the thread Jeanie chose.)
The cube is trimmed wtih a wide pale blue satin ribbon, topped with a thinner metallic silver one and pinned with some Swarovski crystals I pulled from my jewelry making stash. It's exactly what I had in mind when I received the squares and it looks perfect in our living room, displayed on the shelves.

I also finished the squares I received for Round #13 from Marie P (Creative Thread) into a no-sew cube. I had looked everywhere for a reddish gold plaid type ribbon I had in mind, but couldn't find anything I liked. Then I started playing around with other colors and stumbled onto this brown satin, which works very well. Getting the loops in the ribbon on top to line up was a little tricky, but it turned out very nice in the end.


For now, it too is on display in our living room, but I am contemplating moving it either up to our son's room, or perhaps onto the mantle in the family room once we paint it. (We're planning on painting the room a sage green to complement our brown couches, and I think the browns in this piece would really look nice against the green walls).

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Lovely finishes - your choice of ribbons really bring out the colours in the stitching.

Rachel S said...

What beautiful finishes!

Andrea said...

Great finishes.

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful finishes. I love the colors you chose. I think the blue one is my favorite. I'm a big fan of blue too.

Pumpkin said...

Fabulous! They turned out great :o)

Kim B said...

They're fantastic!!!

Carolyn NC said...

Love these finishes!

Jeanie said...

WOW ! Love how you turn my unglam squares into such beautiful finishes :)

Great job !