Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I'm a little bit (French) country

Well, well, well.  With this post, I officially surpassed my post count for the ENTIRE year last year, and it's only March.  I mean April!  What?  Where did the time go?

I finished stitching on this piece a little earlier this year.  It's JBW Designs French Country Rooster, done up over 2 on 32 ct. linen with Crescent Colors Chili Pepper.  It's been sitting in my stitching box for a while, and then I got on a finishing kick.  It has yet to be framed, so into the Drawer of Unframed Pieces to wait for who knows how long.

I'm thinking about framing him for somewhere in our kitchen.  I have a ceramic rooster that my husband bought at an antique store for me because it looked exactly like one of the ceramic roosters my grandmother had in her kitchen, on a little shelf above the sink.  I'm not really a country person, and I'm not a huge fan of chickens, but I do love me the occasional rooster, probably because of that ceramic rooster of my grandmother's.

Also, because of this story.  WARNING - it does contain some NSFW language and some people may be offended by it, but it is still one of the most hilarious things I have ever read in my whole life.  Seriously.  My whole life.  Just thinking about it makes me laugh, and you can bet if I ever find a 5-foot tall metal chicken, I am going to bring it home with me.  (My husband lives in fear that this will actually happen.  This fear is not unfounded).  You know, now that I am thinking about it, I am thinking it would be HILARIOUS (to me, anyway) to pick out the word "chanticleer" and replace it with "Beyonce". (And if you want a smaller version of Beyonce, like the one hanging on my refrigerator that my 4 year old knows is Beyonce), you can get it here.

As long as we're on JBW Designs, I don't think I've ever shared this one that I finished about 5 years ago.  Yep.  5 years.  I bought the chart when found out I was pregnant with Little Dude, and finished it up right before he was born.  I had intended to turn it into a door hanger for the nursery, but I was young and naive and childless when I came up with that plan.

Stitched 2 over 2 on 32 ct. white even weave
with Dinky Dyes silk in Midnight

Pretty, isn't it?  I think this is the first JBW Design I stitched, and I LOVED the Dinky Dyes silk.  It was just lovely to stitch with, and the blue-black color of Midnight is pretty.  I might have to look for some sort of coordinating fabric and get around to finishing this into something that can be displayed before my son is a teenager.

10 comments:

Lee said...

Those JBW's are fun! Nice job on both.

Lee said...

OH! Almost forgot to tell you...I put an envelope in the mail for you on Saturday!

Bev C said...

Hello Jennifer,

Love that French Rooster, it will be so lovely framed for your kitchen.

Happy days.
Bev.

Vickie said...

I just stitched up the JBW Poodle two days ago. :)

Robin said...

Both of your JBW finishes are super. I have stitched several for either exchanges and/or gifts. The dog one (the old chart not new one) was a gift to my husband.

Have a good day!

Robin in Virginia

Blu said...

Lovely finishes.

OMG the story of Beyonce the rooster had me crying with laughter.

Anna van Schurman said...

I've seen that rooster at Home Goods. Next time I am calling you! Cute JBW stitches. I love those; they're deceptively quick.

Michele said...

You know I love the Rooster .. wish mine was stitched in red .. that's a yummy red too, it's a new to me color :)

OMG I loved the blog about the Rooster .. I want him!!!

Kay said...

Great stitching. I really enjoy the JBW French designs. xx

Carol said...

I absolutely love JBW designs and these two finishes are both so cute! The way the designer incorporates the tiny motifs into the larger design is such fun!