Friday, April 4, 2014

In honor of our recently departed extended winter season

Winter Bird Delight by Praiseworthy Stitches
Stitched 2 over 2 on 32 ct. fabric with recommended threads


Here on the east coast of the US, we had a VERY long winter.  A very long one - and the second snowiest season on record for our area.  As someone who can't stand the heat and humidity of summer, I don't generally mind the cooler months, but it does get to be exhausting when you have a four year old stuck in the house because the temperatures are well below freezing.

This is a piece my husband stitched a while back, as you can tell by the date on the bottom (2010).  It's been sitting in our FUFO (finished un-finished objects) since then, and I realized I had never taken a picture or shared it on the blog.  It's one of several bird themed pieces he's stitched or has in progress, since birds are an interest of his.  I'm not quite sure where it will end up as it's slightly too big for an ornament.  Chances are it will get framed and hung somewhere in our front hall or living room since the blue fabric it's stitched on coordinates nicely with the paint colors in those areas.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

What a neat stitch your husband did. I had not seen this before.

Kay said...

This is beautiful, love the colours too. xx

Annie said...

So cool that you and your DH both stitch. I love that piece. A new one to me. It deserves to be finished-finished!

Robin said...

What a super bird piece! I think it is so cool that you both stitch.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Von said...

Loving this project, the color scheme is striking!

Anna van Schurman said...

Very pretty. Love the colors.

Brigitte said...

I'm also very fond of birds and I love stitching them. I had never seen this design before, it's lovely.

Carol said...

Oh, I love this finish--perfect colors. Your husband did a great job and I love that blue fabric.