Thursday, November 20, 2008

Because I can't show you any of my stitching...

I borrowed this from Anna and CinDC

1. Political show - Countdown with Keith Olberman. I like Hardball too. (It seems I'm getting slightly less conservative in my old age)

2. Picnic food - DH's smoked brisket

3. Mixed drink – gin and grapefruit juice

4. U.S. President – George Washington (all because of Barry Bostwick)

5. Kind of student to teach – ones that listen

6. Hobby you do or wish you still did - I stitch, I take pictures, and I travel

7. Sports commentator – Bob Costas, and sometimes Cris Collinsworth. Troy Aikman, when he's NOT with Joe Buck. Least favorite? Tony Kornheiser, who has singlehandly ruined MNF, a feat I didn't think possible after Dennis Miller and Rush Limbaugh.

8. Sport to watch on TV – Dallas Cowboys football. Okay, football in general. I am a junkie

9. Animal to have as a pet - cat, dog, fish, pony

10. Halloween costume you have worn – I haven't worn a costume since childhood. I don't like Halloween

11. Kind of dessert - anything involving chocolate and raspberries

12. Comic strip - Baby Blues

13. Style or make of footwear - Reebok. I'd like to be the girl with cute shoes, but let's face it. They don't make cute shoes in size 10.

14. Ice cream flavor - Cotton Candy with Poprocks, marshmallows and sprinkles. Yes, I am a child when it comes to ice cream

15. College or university president – What? Seriously?

16. Internet news source – NYTimes.com

17. Vacation spot - Maine

18. Wine – Pinot Noir, or wines with clever names and/or animals on the bottle (except for Yellowtail). My current favorite is Pinot Evil, featuring the See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak no Evil monkeys on the label. Funny AND tasty. Or perhaps Goats do Roam, a South African wine. I'm also a big fan of Frei Brothers Reserve Pinot Noir. As wine and food go together, yes, I can go on all day about this.

19. Way to waste time instead of working – I have many

20. Student excuse for late work – Somehow I am getting the impression that this meme is teacher-centric.

21. Reality show – Survivor. And here's something I can't believe I am going to admit publically. We've watched the Making of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, followed by My Big Redneck Wedding. And for a real trainwreck, Bridezillas. Even if these girls are playing it up for the cameras, they still all need to be slapped.

22. Jewelry on a man – A watch. DH is not big on jewelry - he wears his watch, wedding ring and engagement band. That's it.

23. Pizza topping – bacon, pineapple and hot peppers (banana peppers)

24. Children's movie - The Princess Bride. Although I don't think it's really a children's movie.

25. Celebrity you wish would retire - Jessica Simpson. I hate her.

11 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Jennifer! I FINALLY completed my assignment in terms of the tag regarding random things!!!!!!

Oh, and on the reality show front; I am right there with you. We love Survivor and have watched many other train wreck shows; including the ones you have listed!!!!! It is so horrid you can't stop watching.

Anna van Schurman said...

Tony Kornheiser is a dingus. The only way he is not the worst announcer in my book is that I've seen Norm Chad do the World Series of Poker too damn many times. FIRE HIM, ESPN!

Also, Troy Aikman? Seriously? He's a halfwit. He can't even get all the way through a sentence without saying two dumb things.

Kathryn said...

We LOVE Pinot Noir. No matter how hard I try we simply don't like Cabernet Sauvingon. Our favorite wine label? Le Cigar Voulant by Boony Doon. (French for UFO, with a UFO on the label). Boony Doon has GREAT labels, like Big House Red and Big House White. Also LOVE David Bruce, but unfortunately he can't make the same wine twice. When you find one of his you like, buy a bunch. It was great living near Wine Country and visiting a couple of times a year. I miss that.

Michele said...

loved your meme answers :) do you hate Jessice because she's sooooo pretty or because she's dating Tony .. inquiring minds need to know! lmao :) love ya :)

mainely stitching said...

Okay, how do they keep the pop rocks in ice cream from 'going off' due to the moisture of the ice cream??? This is going to drive me nuts!

Donna said...

Pinot Evil. OH MY! Love it. There are some creative types in the wine biz.

And my vote for worst sports commentator - Joe Buck doing baseball. Why? Because he said he'd rather watch the Bachelorette than baseball.

tammie said...

hiya i love these questionaire things you do ..lol really get to know people this way lol..

Dianne said...

Whoa! Your husband wears two rings? I never heard of an engagement ring for a guy. It's kinda cute. My husband lost his ring at my mom's house while he took it off to dry his hands(?)He got a sub, but never wore that.

Abi said...

Love your answers! I wish I had seen Pinot Evil before I went to the wine store yesterday. We don't drink wine, but we needed something for beef stew. lol

When I worked for the wedding industry, I used to watch Bridezillas... so that I could avoid them if they ever called us. ;)

PS I tagged you and then I saw that you've already done the 6 random things. meh. fail me.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the exchange offer! Did the piece turn out nice? Do you have pics anywhere of the finished item? That sounds awesome but I don't think I have the items you're looking for...what colors are they?
Cheers!

tammie said...

i just tagged you take a look at my blog please well done i love reading your stuff.