Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Feast #3... um # 175? Okay, #4.

As I was reading the questions for Friday's Feast #3, I thought they sounded very familiar. As it turns out, they were recycled into Friday's Feast #175, which I've already answered. So it's on to Feast #4.

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet for Your Brain

Appetizer: What kind of car do you drive? If you could make an even trade for any other car, what would you want to drive?

I currently drive a Toyota that is soon to be replaced by a Nissan Altima. Originally, I wanted the Xterra, but we just can't justify it with the price of gas. Maybe someday.

Soup: Take your phone number and add each number together separately (example: 8+6+7+5+3+0+9=38) - what's the total?

This is a dumb question, but I'll answer it. 40. Which includes area code. Because that's how we dial.

Salad: When were you last outside, and what were you doing?

I went out to get the mail last night.

Main Course: What is your favorite restaurant, and what do you usually order there?

I don't think I really have a favorite restaurant. I definitely don't have one here, since we just moved here a little while ago, though DH and I are big fans of breakfasts and have tried out a few in the area. For breakfasts, I like combination plates because I am usually in the mood for French Toast or pancakes, but I know that I will be hungry again a little while after eating, so I like something with eggs as well. Scrambled, if you please. With bacon. Oh, speaking of breakfast, I do have a favorite breakfast place, which I know I've mentioned before, on the coast of Maine at Pemaquid Point. Naturally, I order the blueberry pancakes.

We try to avoid chain restaurants, especially when we travel. I like to go on Chowhound.com ahead of time and look for recommendations. I've never been steered wrong there yet.

When it comes to Chinese food, I generally never stray far from the General Tso's chicken (which I know isn't real chinese food), and I love spicy tuna rolls and Philadelphia rolls when it comes to sushi. Yeah, I can pretty much talk about food all day.

Dessert: Name 3 things in which you occasionally indulge.
  • Chocolate desserts - chocolate cheesecake, brownies, etc. Especially with raspberry sauce.
  • Day long movie marathons, usually with one of my closest friends who loves the same movies and we know all the lines.
  • Spa manicures. Most of the time I do my own, but there's something satisfying about having someone else do it for you.

3 comments:

tammie said...

great knowledge..lol love your feast ..

Deirdre said...

My DH has an Nissan Altima. He loves it.

I love chocolate cheesecake with raspberry sauce too! And just anything chocolate.

Michele B. said...

Thank you so much for the welcome back! It's nice to know I was missed. I just read your awesome tutorial on floss dying - I love the colors you made, especially Sweet Pea and Candy Corn. The floss tags are wonderful. You are so creative and you have a great blog. It's a real "feast" for a reader.