Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Six Random Things

I have been tagged by the lovely Meari to share six random things about myself, according to the rules.

The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

So, here are six random things about myself:

1. I collect short story anthologies - in particular, the "Best American Short Story" editions put out on a yearly basis, each featuring a guest editor. I just picked up the 2008 edition edited by Salman Rushdie.

2. In 1989, I participated in the inaugural parade for the first President Bush with my high school marching band.

3. Tom Petty is my favorite singer. I've seen him in concert over a dozen times. I own most, if not all of his albums (I'm missing a live album or two)

4. In second grade, my class hatched baby chickens and ducks in an incubator. I've loved baby animals ever since.

5. I still love the Little House on the Prairie books. I can take or leave the television series.

6. I don't usually eat the bottom bun of a hamburger, and I dip my fries in mayonnaise.

I have tagged:

1. Rachel (Does the Noise in my Head Bother You?)
2. Rachel (Willing Hands)
3. Rachel (What Looks Like Crazy)
4. Laura (Maude & Mozart)
5. Julie (Julie's Stitching Journal)
6. Sue Fitz (Fitz's Stitching)

10 comments:

Meari said...

Great "things"! I read ALL the Little House books when I was a girl, -and- I hatched baby chicks/ducks in second grade too.

Rachel said...

Aww, I love the Little House books, too. I never really watched the series either. How do you eat a hamburger without the bun?? Fork and knife?

Will try to add my 6 random things soon. I had no idea there were two other stitching blogger Rachel's out there!

Rachel said...

Thx for the shout out. The Rachel's almost swept the show (lol)

I have to agree with the little house books. They are great but the shows...

SueFitz said...

Thanks for the tag - I've posted my things.

Laura said...

Thanks for the tag!!!! I am hoping to do it within the next couple of days. Right now I am so tired I could drop! Your random things are very interesting....Love the one about collecting the short stories!!!

I received my thread and I love, love, love it! Thank you so very much!!!!!!

Julie said...

Will have to give it some thought!

Heather said...

I love Tom Petty too, he's awesome! And why don't you eat the bottom bun? Whut? LOL!

Jennifer/OH said...

Found your blog through Barbara at "Mainly Stitching". Love, love, love your hand-dyed floss!! The tutorial is great. I've tried a bit myself, but nothing as spectacular as your results. 'American Girl' is my fave. Do you sell your floss on-line? Honestly, when I clicked on Barbara's link to your site I expected to find an on-line shop because your floss and tags are so professional.

saras said...

Just wanted to say hi!:) I haven't seen your blog before! So glad I could come visit!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Ok, finally added my items!