Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!

Okay, maybe not a chicken dinner, but there are flosses to be had, my fellow stitchers. And a bit of news. Since the election went so well yesterday, I was inspired to revisit the skeins of floss I have yet to twist up and put away (yes, they are still on the drying rack in the dining room. I'll get to it, I swear) and pick a few more to give away.

And the flosses go to:

American Girl - Wendy (Wendy Home at Work)

Candy Corn - Jennifer (Running with Scissors)

Sweet Pea - Kathryn (Threads of Desire)

Rainbow Sherbet - Cathey (Pumpkin Patch & Co.)

And the Bonus Flosses -

Election Day and Rock the Vote (similar to American Girl, not as much white): Laura (Maude and Mozart) and Courtney (Santa Stitches)

More Candy Corn (as fun as this was to make and as cool as it turned out, I am just not that into Halloween) - Barbara (Mainely Stitching) and Angela (A Bit of This and a Bit of That)

Ladies, please email me at sweetpeastitches @ yahoo.com with your mailing addresses and I will try to have these out to you by the end of the week.

Thank you to everyone who entered and left such wonderful, encouraging comments. I have been mulling over the idea of selling some of the threads, either on Etsy or as custom dyed threads. If anyone is interested in the threads and would like to purchase some, please feel free to email me and let me know. Perhaps we could work something out. I can't guarantee I can exactly replicate the colors, but I can come pretty close, and if you were looking for several skeins of the same color, I'd could dye the entire set at once.

And if you didn't win this time, don't despair. I had a blast dying the threads, and this most likely won't be my last giveaway. Stay tuned to this station for more details. :-)

Thanks also to the lovely folks at Random.org for their ListRandomizer.

7 comments:

Little Rabbit Miniatures said...

Congratulation to the winners!

Olenka's Stitches said...

Sounds like you've got a new hobby:-).
Congratulations to the winners!

BW said...

Conga-rats to all the winners!

Pumpkin said...

WOOHOOOOO! I'm SO excited! Thank you, thank you, thank you Jennifer :o)

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Congrats to the winners! I am excited about getting in on the Sweet Pea thread action. :)

Laura said...

Thanks again! I am so excited! I really want to find a perfect project for this perfect floss!!!

Your tutorial above is great!!!!! Now I know how much work went into my prize. Someday I hope to try this too!!!

Barbara said...

I'm just so excited that I may stitch next year's Halloween project with Candy Corn as soon as it arrives! LOL!!!