Thursday, February 9, 2012

Finished!

Celtic Wreath by The Sunflower Seed
JCS 2009 Ornament Issue
F&S Exchange from Christine

While I was on a finishing tear around the holidays, I finished up this piece, stitched by Christine for a F&S Exchange. It had been sitting around since the end of 2009 and I had always intended to make it into an ornament. I even had the cardboard cut to size, but just never got around to actually completing the project. It's like one of those WIPs that need just a few more stitches, and when you finally put them in and finish it, you wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

This piece would work as an ornament, although as a slightly larger one, but I decided to hang it from the knob on the china hutch we inherited from my husband's grandmother. It sits in the corner of our dining room, where I do most of my finishing work. I hung it on the door to get it off the table and out of the way, and decided I really liked the way it looked there, so that's where it will hang for the holidays.

And if you click through to the original post, you'll see I have a better photo of the piece before finishing, as well as a photo of the signature square I used for the back.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Great job Jennifer! I especially love your cording. It's a perfect touch.

Blu said...

Great finish! Your cording is a perfect match. Did you make that too?

RuthB said...

Great finishing! I can just see it hanging on the knob -- it's perfect :)

Shebafudge said...

What a beautiful finish. A very pretty design as well.

Catherine said...

Love how you finished this one ~ looks great!

Sally said...

It's beautiful Jennifer.

Sharon said...

Lovely ornament!