Saturday, February 11, 2012

From across the pond....

Earlier this week, I received my squares from the latest round of the Fair & Square exchange.

Round #28 from Elaine M (http://lanybleu.blogspot.com)
Queen's Heart by Marie-Chantal Lord
From The Gift of Stitching February 2006

The theme for this round was red, and Lany selected this design from The Gift of Stitching. My picture does NOT do these beauties justice - they're gorgeous in person and Lany's stitching is perfect. I'm planning on finishing these up in a heart shaped ornament.

And speaking of the Fair & Square exchange, I've noticed a decline in participation which makes me a little sad. If you already belong to it and haven't participated in a while, now is a good time to check in to the blog and think about signing up for the next round. If you're no longer interested or don't have the time, there's no shame in opting out to give someone new a spot on the exchange. I've met some really wonderful fellow stitchers through the exchanges I've done and I'd hate to see the whole thing go away because there's not enough participation.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

So pretty!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful work by Lany. They're lovely!

JillMN said...

Thanks for your pitch for the Fair Square. I have really tried to revive this exchange blog. It seems to be dying a slow death.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Pretty pieces, how nice. I would love to try an exchange like this, because lots of times the finish finishing part holds me up. But this way you are finishing for yourself very cool. Please share how you can participate. CJ in OK ;-)

♥ Nia said...

lovely stitching :)