Wednesday, February 29, 2012

If I could have mailed myself too, I would have

Last week, I mailed this piece off to Ireland for Round #28 of the Fair & Square Exchange. It now lives with Elaine. And yes, if I could have mailed myself too, I would have. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to go there, and someday, it will happen.

But onto the stitching. I've already shown you Elaine's squares for me. These are what I've stitched for her.

Tout en Rondeur by Liselotte
Stitched 1 over 1 on 32 ct. Antique White
with Crescent Colors Ribbon Red

I've had this freebie chart in my stash for a while, and immediately went to my Valentine themed pieces when deciding what to stitch for Elaine. The chart is about 70x70, which would have fit into the 6"x6" guidelines, but wouldn't have left much room. And since I rather enjoy stitching over 1, I stitched this piece over 1. Lany received it very quickly, so I am happy to share it with you now.

15 comments:

Annie said...

Such a sweet square! I love the backstitch font you used for you name and location. Can you share where you found that?

Vickie said...

Love your Valentine piece. I too plan on getting to Ireland one day. Not real soon though. :)

Sally said...

What a sweet finish Jennifer :)

Miss Quoted said...

I was lucky enough to work for an airline, and Ireland was easily one of the most amazing places I ever went too. Your work is amazing!

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous squares and over one! Wow! I am seriously impressed.
Please take me in your suitcase when you do go to Ireland.

Carol said...

Oh, how absolutely lovely, Jennifer!! I love over one stitching and you've done a great fob on Elaine's gift... Sure hope you will get to Ireland yourself some day. I didn't get to Europe until last year and I'm a lot older than you...so I have faith that you will!

valerie said...

Wonderful squares! They're so pretty!

Catherine said...

Very sweet square!

Lynn said...

Your squares for Elaine are gorgeous! I'll bet she's thrilled with them.

I would love to visit Ireland! My DH promises me that we will visit the UK in the future. However I think our travels will more likely take us to Scotland and Wales where our families originated from.

RuthB said...

Sooo pretty and so perfect for the round -- congrats. ..... frankly, I'd have gone ahead and mailed myself. :)

milly said...

Hi

Love your finish it's lovely.

Dianne said...

This is so delicate and pretty! I'm sure Elaine loved it!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I love the square you stitched!!!! So lovely over one!

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty!

Kerry said...

Have just stopped by and saw your Queens Heart, I love it, hope I can find the chart. I want to stitch them for my retreat this year. How long did it take you to stitch it? I will need to make 18 of them. Hope you stop by my blog, I have not had to many stitching posts lately baut I am going to post some projects soon.