Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas 2009 Fair & Square Exchange

Now that things have settled down over the holidays, I'm posting photos of the Christmas 2009 F&S Exchange.

First up are the gorgeous squares I received from Christine, just shortly before Christmas:

Celtic Wreath by The Sunflower Seed
JCS 2009 Ornament Issue

Aren't they stunning? And I love her signature square - I might have to borrow that idea in the future. These lovelies are already in my finishing pile. I stitched a few ornaments over the holidays, including the first one for my son, so I'd like to get them finished up and put in with the rest of the ornaments. And no, I have not taken down our Christmas tree yet. It's still standing in all its Christmas glory in the front window. (Although I have been forbidden to turn the lights on for fear of attracting the attention, and ridicule, of the neighbors.)

And the squares I sent to her (though just a hair late because of the craziness of the holidays)


Christmas 2009 Round to Christine R (no blog)
Merry & Bright by Little by Little Designs
JCS 2007 Ornament Issue
Sitched with DMC Threads on 32 ct. Bayleaf

I'm glad I was paired up with Christine for this round as her "wish list" introduced me to a new designer I had never stitched before. I liked stitching this one so much I might have to stitch it again for myself.

8 comments:

Angela said...

Lovelky squares =both sent and recieved.

I be going nuts if our tree was still up. I love putting it up and feeling like Christmas is just round the corner but I love taking it down just as much as by then I'm ready to get the space back in the living room.

Shay said...

I love both squares they are so pretty! Don't worry about the Christmas tree. Our interior decorations are down but our lights outside are still up and they turn on everynight. I am not planning to take them down until tomorrow when its not as cold.

Kim B said...

Beautiful! And for the record, our Christmas tree is still up and lit in the front window :)

Sharon said...

Both sets are fabulous! I love that Little by Little pattern.

Carolyn NC said...

Great exchange on both sides!

Brigitte said...

Both squares are really beautiful. Little By Little is a great designer, she has some great pieces.

Carol said...

Lucky you and lucky Christine--both are so lovely and beautifully stitched :)

Jenna said...

Beautiful squares, both sent and received! I might have to stitch that Merry & Bright ornament myself.