Wednesday, January 20, 2010

PIF for Deirdre and Tammie - Completed!

I finally completed my PIF obligations. I won a PIF from Yuko in July 2008 and had until July 2009 to get my own PIFs out to my three participants. One of them got out on time, to Michelle in Ireland. The other two? Well, you know what they say about good intentions.

I found out I was pregnant in February 2009 and had ever intention of getting those PIFs out and done before the baby arrived. Until I hit the wall of pregnancy exhaustion - my first trimester was brutal and I could barely keep my eyes open during my stitching times. But after months of feeling guilty for not getting my PIFs done and sent out, I finally got them finished and packaged up just before Christmas.

This is what I stitched for Deirdre (The Stitching Teacher):


Tudor by Karen @ The Cross Stitch Directory
Stitched over 2 on Weeks Dye Works Linen with WDW Calypso thread

Deirdre mentioned on her blog that she liked kalidescopes, so I picked this design and thread to create a kalidescope effect. It's bright for certain, but it's very cheerful and pretty, and stitching on the green fabric was fun - a nice change of pace from my usual neutrals. And because Deirdre had to wait so darn long for her package, I *might* have gone a little overboard to compensate:


I was able to find lots of neat goodies in Target, and I included some fabric and ribbons for finishing, a blank journal, a Christmas wreath stitching kit and a super handy fold up, reusable bag from Target (I LOVE these things - keep one stashed in my purse at all times)

I also raided my jewelry making stash and made a scissor fob with the initial D for Deidre. And I included 2 tiny little angels I made - one for Deirdre and one for her daughter, whom she mentions on her blog.

I confess, I was a little worried when I heard my first package had made it all the way to England within a few days of mailing, and I still hadn't heard from Deirdre about the one I sent her (in the US). So I sent her an email asking if she had received it yet. She replied that she didn't, but would ask her husband. As it turns out, the package did arrive, but thinking it was a Christmas gift, her husband stashed it under the tree! Luckily Deirdre let me know she got it and put my mind at ease.

Tammie (A Stitch in Time) also had a PIF coming to her

Mermaid Pattern from a German book I borrowed from the library
Stitched over 2 on mystery 28 ct. fabric with my own dyed threads

And once again, I went overboard to compensate for being sooooo ridiculously late.


I also included this scissor fob and beaded angel. I've read on Tammie's blog how important her faith is to her, so I went with an angel theme. And like Deirdre, Tammie's favorite color is purple, so I picked purple beads.

So my PIF obligations are officially concluded. Yay me!

9 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful stitching.

You certainly were very generous with all your extras. However I'm willing to bet that the recipients more than understood your circumstances and were prepared to wait patiently.

Anna van Schurman said...

And you are back in blogland as well. Does this mean we'll see you at a Strawberry Sampler stitch in soon? With photos? Or actually baby?

Rachel S said...

Lovely lovely PIFs!

Kim B said...

What gorgeous PIFs!

staci said...

Congrats on finishing your PIFs :) You've spoiled both recipients with your lovely stiching and handwork and an awesome load of goodies!

Kathy A. said...

You did an amazing job of spoiling your two recipients. Your stitching is beautiful and it is easy to tell you put a great deal of thought into your exchanges. I especially like that tiny little purple angel you made. She just seem so special.

Carolyn NC said...

Awesome PIF's - fantastic!

Jenna said...

Wow, you truly spoil your recipients, don't you? Great work and amazing extras. Well done!

Meari said...

Great PIF's (Yes, I know I'm behind on blog reading)