Sunday, January 2, 2011

A round of lobsters

Lobsters in the Round by The Sampler Girl
Stitched 1 over 1 on 32 ct. evenweave with WDW Turkish Red

This post has been sitting in my drafts for a while and I never got around to posting it. I actually finished it up in early January last year, which is why 2010 is stitched in tiny little stitches to the left and right of the "F" in the middle. The F is my own addition - I used a fancy font I had in my stitching software. I thought it would be a nice little monogram / personalization for the ornament.

The chart had been in my wishlist for a long time, and I finally bought it when Tanya was running a sale. I've seen it stitched on low count fabric for pillows and such, but I was immediately thinking "ornament" when I saw it. I used a mystery piece of fabric from my stash and stitched it over 1. I adore it, and it hangs nestled among our large collection of lighthouse ornaments. In fact, a good portion of our tree is filled with lighthouse / nautical themed ornaments.

I don't have a photo of the backing fabric. I used a fairly generic red and gold holiday themed fabric and storebought cording. I usually have decent luck at Joanns if I take the stitched piece with me and match it up to fabrics and trims. Not that I wouldn't love a bigger selection, but sometimes it's nice to have your choices limited and not feel so overwhelmed.

8 comments:

Catherine said...

Love it!!

Anna van Schurman said...

That would be perfect for so many people in my family! How is it that I've never seen it? Beautiful!

Jennifer said...

I updated the link - it doesn't look like it's listed on Tanya's site, but Laurel's Stitchery has it.

Blu said...

Very cute!

Rachel S said...

Love them!

Lynn said...

I've never seen this one before now. It's just perfect! I have some friends who are from the Maritimes who would love this so I think I just might have to add it to my wishlist.

mainely stitching said...

Oh my gosh, I just love how you've done this!

Dianne said...

I love this too!