Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Another Just Nan Ornament Finish

Christmas Hearts by Just Nan
stitched over 2 on 32 ct. Antique White
with DMC threads

During a Fair and Square exchange, I had the pleasure of being partnered with Linda B. We really hit it off and have been emailing back and forth ever since. Now if I can just talk her into starting a blog....

When Linda suggested a private ornament exchange, of course I said Yes! I love looking at the stitched ornaments on our tree each year when we decorated, and I knew Linda's ornament would be a very special addition to my collection. I also wanted to do something special for Linda, and as you may have guessed by now, this is one of my favorite patterns, and finishes. I love that even though it's a simple pattern, it's quite beautiful when it's finished. I also love being able to personalize pieces, change colors, etc. I think it makes every piece special and unique.

I also really like the mix of threads in this piece. I don't think the original called for using satin / rayon threads, but when I stitched it the first time with a red satin thread for the hearts, I was hooked and immediately started thinking about other color combinations. This pink and green one has been in my head since almost the beginning, and I absolutely love how it came out.

I used DMC 30899 (Rayon) for the hearts in this one, DMC 367 and 368 for the greens, 762 for the grey and 962, 963 and 3832 for the shades of pink. I used the same silver lined seed beads from the craft store to embellish this ornament as well.

9 comments:

Catherine said...

What a sweet finish!

Rachel S said...

Very pretty!

LindataxPA said...

The picture doesn't do it justice - the pink and green together are so striking and it's hard to take your eyes off it - and each time you notice something different.

Jenn also signed the inside band of the hoop for me. It's my first Just Nan piece - what a treasure!!!

And Jenn.....I've done it - I started a blog. No pics yet, but it's started.

taxingstitches.blogspot.com

Linda B

Kathy A. said...

That is just beautiful Jenn. What a lovely gift!

Karen said...

Very pretty. just love green and pink together!

Blu said...

Lovely finish! The colours are so pretty!

Brigitte said...

That's a lovely finish and has wonderful colours.

Sally said...

A beautiful finish. Love the colours.

Oma said...

This ornament is very pretty! Well done! Great color combo!