Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hold it!! There are MORE Lighthouses!

Linda's not the only one that knows me well. Another dear friend of mine, Michele from Just Another Stitching Blog, thought of me when she was out shopping and picked up these two charts for me. I think the Gulf Coast lighthouse chart may still be available, if hard to find, but I am almost positive Secluded Shores is out of print, making the charts that much more appreciated.



Do you see the little blue thing below the charts? It's the loveliest little scissor fob. With a LIGHTHOUSE!!! Take a closer look - it's beautiful, and in my favorite color blue, though I am convinced Michele slipped a little Seahawk green in there on purpose. LOL


The larger oval shaped beads are especially pretty and appropriate as they're a frosted finish that looks very much like sea glass, another one of my favorite things. As lighthouse enthusiasts, we visit a lot of beaches and I make it a point to scour them for pieces of sea glass. I can, and have, spent hours combing beaches looking for glass and have amassed a collection I keep on display in our living room. I love that the beads on this fob are so reminiscent of the glass I find out the beach.

And because I want to be all fancy like with the macro settings on my camera, check out the awesome lighthouse on the end of the fob:



And while I also thanked Michele privately when I received the package, I just wanted to give her generosity and thoughtfulness a public shout out.

8 comments:

Lisa Russell said...

I love sea glass also! That is my favorite thing to find on the beach.

Kathy A. said...

Oh how sweet is that. Michele is a such a lovely person. She sent me a lighthouse fob too and I treasure it I'm sure as you do yours.

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, that lighthouse fob is just the BEST!!!

Bizee Fingers said...

I am now convinced we are kindred spirits, I love cross stitch, lighthouses and my hubby calls me sweetpea....enjoy your new stash!!!

Karen

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new stash. Your lighthouse scissor fob is gorgeous.

Siobhan said...

Nice new stash! I love the scissor fob, too.

Catherine said...

How thoughtful! That fob is great!

Lynn said...

I didn't know there were that many lighthouse charts out there. You have a great selection to choose from. The lighthouse scissor fob is so pretty!