Monday, October 13, 2008

I've been tagged!

Dianne of Dianne Rambling On fame tagged me to share six random things about myself, following the rules below:

  • Link to the person who tagged you.
  • Post the rules on your blog.
  • Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself.
  • Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
  • Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog.
  • Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.
I've done a couple of these before, so I will try to come up with different things.

1. My toenails are almost always painted, usually some shade of red. And I almost never take off the six silver toe rings I wear (three on each foot).

2. I tend to stock up on things - I have an extremely well stocked pantry and linen closet (soaps, shampoo, etc.) I was well know in grad school for having the best stocked tea / coffee cabinet. I don't know why I do this, as I have never "gone without."

3. I love grocery shopping and grocery stores. I even like going to grocery stores when we travel, especially if it is not a familiar chain.

4. I have a small collection of red headed Barbie dolls.

5. At night, when I can't fall asleep, I plan out my dream house and visualize it room by room, detail by detail.

6. I rarely measure when I cook, and I have a very hard time following a recipe, even if I'm making it for the first time. I almost always change it, add something, etc. Great for cooking, not so much for baking. I also have a hard time telling someone else how long it takes to make something. I seem to have an internal timer that tells me when things are done.

And now I tag the following ladies:

5 comments:

Meari said...

I almost always have my toenails painted, too! I also wear toe rings, but only one usually. Where do you get yours? The ones I have don’t ever seem to fit right. I had to LOL @ stocking up. I have this thing about toilet paper… always *HAVE* to have at least 6 rolls. If I get lower than that, I start obsessing about finding time to get to the store because unlike you, I don’t like shopping for groceries or other essentials. I have all the Barbies from when I was a kid. I only had a few, and they were well played with. #5 – Now THAT sounds like fun, but it’d keep me away so I visualize numbers starting at 500 and count backwards, writing out each number. I’ve never gotten to 400, LOL. #6 – I always follow the recipe the first time so I know what it’s supposed to taste like. Next time, I wing it. Great tidbits about you, Jenn!

Dianne said...

Awesome answers! That's neat about the toe rings and the Barbies.
I use to babysit for a lady who was a nurse who had the same kind of linen closet as you do pantry. It's good to know you have what you need!
I'm like you, I don't measure when cooking that often. I think recipes sometimes take too long because of the measuring part. I will follow a cookie or cake recipe though as that's more like a chemistry thing that you better get correct.

mymarkdesigns said...

OK, my daughter wants to see a pic of your feet now LOL I keep mine painted, too, but no toe rings here :)

Carolien said...

How great to have an inner clock for cooking etc. I don't have that! It was fun to read this.

Greetings, Carolien

Deirdre said...

I put mine up! I love red toenail polish too! Whenever I do another color, it usually only stays on for a day before I am back to my red.

I love to explore new grocery stores and see what I can find.