Thursday, October 2, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness

Dr. Susan Love was interviewed on the news tonight and I thought I would share since there are so many stitchers involved in breast cancer related causes and issues. This research initiative wants to recruit women of all ages, ethnicities, sizes, and shapes, and both women who have had breast cancer and women who have not.

From their Website: ArmyofWomen.org

The Love/Avon Army of Women offers a revolutionary new opportunity for YOU to partner with research scientists to move us beyond a cure.

Breast cancer has been around for decades, but it does not have to be our future. We can be the generation that eliminates breast cancer by identifying what causes this disease and stopping it before it starts. This is your chance to be part of the research that will end breast cancer. Sign up for your sister, mother, daughter, granddaughter, best friend, and the woman you met last week.
Help us eradicate breast cancer once and for all. Join the Army of Women today!

2 comments:

Bliss said...

Have you seen the lovely Breast Cancer awareness on the Dinky Dyes site? I have no idea where to get a pattern, but it's gorgeous. I did find the scissors at 123stitch.

It's breast cancer month. Some of my dearest friends have been affected. Fortunately, most are survivors.

Pumpkin said...

I think it's an absolutely wonderful idea! My HUGE disappointment though...it's in the US only :o( I can buy one of their pendants but I can't sign up for their cause.