Monday, April 14, 2008

So much to catch up on!

I've been slacking in the reading and blogging departments because of the househunting. I nearly have all the real estate listings in 2 Pennsylvania counties memories - our real estate agent is amazed that I know so much about the inventory! I think it comes from my job in pharmaceuticals, having to know where each piece (of hundreds!) of promotional material is in the system at all times. I have pretty good recall for things like that.

Anyway, to give myself a break from searching and stressing, I did a little stitching, and I FINISHED a Blue Crab! First up, though, is my progress on Carriage House Sampling's Acorns and Threads. I went from this:

To this:

This is the smaller of the 2 patterns included, and I'm stitching over 2 on 40 ct. fabric. I'm using GAST Dark Chocolate and Apple Cider for this one. I am loving how it's coming out, and it's a very relaxing pattern to stitch. Seeing the progress happen so quickly is gratifying, and it's especially nice the longer our house hunt drags on.

And now for Blue Crab, which I finished the other night:

Blue Crab by Judy Greer Carmean
Chart purchased at Sea Needles, Bethany Beach, DE
Stitched on 28 ct. Lamsbwool Jobelean with DMC Threads

This is what a real blue crab looks like:

I think mine turned out pretty good! I can't wait to get him framed and hung up.

In case you were wondering, I do in fact have a fondness for crabs, both eating them and the crab motif. Also, my husband and my best friend are astrological Cancers and are represented by the crab, so crabs remind me of them as well.

12 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Your Quaker piece is lovely and I do like your color choice. Your blue crab is also very nice and very true to the real thing.
I hope you find a new home soon.

Kathryn said...

I've always loved that Blue Crab. I'm glad you finished him. Mmmmm, crabs! Love them.

Kim B said...

Both of your projects look wonderful! I love the little acorn design and your crab turned out beautifully!!

even-star said...

I love the blue crab. So crabby!

Novice Stitcher said...

I'm a Cancer too - you have done us proud with that crab! And Acorns and Threads looks beautiful - I love that design. I hope the stitching has been helping you with the stress of house-hunting.

Dawn said...

Great finish!:)

Sharon said...

That crab is great! Love it. I was just looking at this pattern tonight at LNS. Your Quaker peice is progressing nicely.

Jenna said...

Crabs, yum! Your blue crab is perfect and it's neat that it reminds you of family, as well. I like how your Quaker piece is coming out. Isn't it great to have a quick stitch?

Jenna said...

P.S. If I may ask, which counties are you looking in? I have a feeling that you might be fairly local to me, so I'm just curious. Feel free to respond via email, if you like. If you don't want to share that sensitive of information, I understand.

Sally said...

Blue Crab looks wonderful! So real!

Love your Quaker piece too.

Von said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying A&T! I stitched the smaller design myself last fall, even framed it right away after finishing (something rare for me!). It gives me joy every time I see it and I know it'll be the same for you. :D

Pumpkin said...

Congrats!!!! Crabby looks beautiful! I love the colors.

You've done great progress on your other project :o)