Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday Feast #185 & #186

From Friday's Feast: A Buffet for Your Brain

Appetizer: Invent a new flower; give it a name and describe it.
I'm not a big fan of these "invent this" or "name that" kinds of questions. As for flowers, I'm perfectly happy with the ones that already exist.

Soup: Name someone whom you think has a wonderful voice.
When I was in college, I worked for a pizza place, and I got hit on at least 2x a week just because of my phone voice. Over the years, I've gotten many compliments because of my pleasant phone voice.

Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how clean do you keep your car?
I'm right around a 9 or a 10. I hate a messy car, but inevitably right after I vacuum it, we get the urge to head down to the beach, so there's usually sand in my car somewhere. But my glove compartment is very well organized, as is the compartment between the seats. I also keep a plastic bag in the car for trash.

Main Course: How do you feel about poetry?
I majored in English in college, so I can appreciate it, and I even like some of it. I tend to prefer the Romantic period poets, but I do love ee cummings; he has special meaning for my husband and me. The angsty poetry I wrote when I was a teen still has the power to make me cringe.

Dessert: What was the last person/place/thing you took a picture of?
The last person I took a picture of would have to be my niece or nephew at Christmas time. I'm a big fan of candid shots and I try to be as unobtrusive as possible when I have the camera in hand. The pictures I take when people don't know I'm taking them are usually the best. The last picture I took period would have to be of my Blue Crab WIP. I'm hoping to take some more pictures today.

~~~~~~~~~~


Appetizer: What does the color dark green make you think of?
Spinach, and dark leafy green vegetables. And thread. Dark green thread.

Soup: How many cousins do you have?
I have five first cousins on my side of the family, but am not in contact with them. My husband has 2 first cousins, both of whom we usually see at family occasions and holidays, but I am particularly close to his one cousin. She's 10 years younger than me, but she's like a little sister to me and we've always had a pretty close bond.

Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you?
I feel like I've answered this question before, but I'm probably about a 7 or 8. I have a terrible poker face, so I usually stick to telling the truth, but I am not above a white lie to avoid hurting someone's feelings unnecessarily.

Main Course: Name something that is truly free.
I don't think anything is truly free - there's always a cost somewhere.

Dessert: Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.
Yeah, not a big fan of these kinds of questions, so I will decline to answer.

1 comments:

Kim B said...

You don't have a million cousins either, then. I have one first cousin. DH has about fifty on his mom's side alone.