Monday, November 26, 2007

Updated Stitching Picture and my floss pile

First, here's the latest on Nautical Dreams.

I got some stitching in over the holidays, but it wasn't the same as being home. I'm more comfortable in my own chair and with better lighting, but I made do because I really want to get this project done. And it inspired my MIL to ask me to teach her to stitch when she retires next year.

And this is the MASSIVE pile of floss we picked up on our drive on Wednesday, plus what I picked up today. I had debated whether or not to take a chance on going to the Wal-Mart a little further away today and I'm glad I did. There's probably about 400 skeins in this pile, just waiting to be sorted out.


8 comments:

Von said...

What a HAUL! Good luck inventorying all that and may you use it all! ;D

Lee said...

You've got some great projects going there! I, too, have Paradigm Lost. I'll get it started one of these days...

Thanks for the box painting tips!

Chiloe said...

Great progress and great stash !!!!!!! I'm jealous ! lol

Cindy said...

Wow! You were very lucky to find that much floss left! All of the stores around here are pretty much cleaned out.

Laural said...

Great progress! Congratulations on the haul! Just don't turn in to me. I'm a floss collector and it is so out of control that I hate to dig through the giant box so I usually go and just buy the threads that I need anyway.

Pumpkin said...

Your Nautical Dreams is really looking good :o)

WM still has 0.10 floss???? I was able to get around 300 but gave up looking for more. I might have to rethink that ;o)

Thank you for visiting my Blog. You're on my Google Reader now :o)

Sally said...

Wow that is one fantastic haul of DMC!

Nautical Dreams is looking wonderful:)

tkdchick said...

Wahootie great flossie haul!!!