Thursday, January 8, 2009

I finally finished them up!

I finished stitching these two ornaments for my niece and nephew right around Christmas, but just got around to finishing them into actual ornaments this week. A little after the holidays, but it's the thought that counts, right? Besides, they LOVE getting stuff in the mail, so I'll send them off to them this week for a nice little surprise.

This one is for my niece, Elizabeth. She is such a little girly girl, after my own heart. She loves princesses and has decided that we, along with our cousin Kerri, are all princesses. Naturally, she had to have a Princess Ornament to match mine. (I did hers in girly pink and green though)


It's a freebie from Cyberstitchers, available here. I used some small sequins and matching beads to fancy it up a little. Now I just have to finish stitching up Kerri's!

And this one is for my nephew, who is as enamored of knights as his sister is of princesses. He has quite a collection of play swords and shields, and I thought he'd love this. He actually helped me stitch on it a little over Christmas. I'd put the needle in the right hole and he'd pull it through. I was amazed that he sat still for as long as he did and took as much interest - he's only four. But red is one of his favorite colors and knights are his favorite thing, so that could have something to do with it! (Not to mention the boy LOVES to get presents, and I'm pretty sure he wanted me to stitch it faster.)


This is a freebie from Tantes Zolder, available here.

NOTE: The above link was updated 3/2013 as it appears the original blog is no longer online.

17 comments:

Ranae said...

The ornaments are darling and I am sure they will love them from their favorite Aunt ;)

Irene said...

Great ornaments !

Kathy A. said...

Those are so lovely and what great gifts for your niece and nephew. You can be sure they will love them

Brigitte said...

Very nice ornaments for the kids, they must love them.

Pumpkin said...

What fantastic finishing Jennifer! I know they will love them :o)

Angela said...

Lovely gifts. Unlike you I'm not a girly girl so the knight one appeals far more and I'd never think to fancy a design up the way you did.

Carolien said...

Hi Jennifer!

I love your presents. I wouldn't be scared when I always had a knight like this one by my side ...:)

Have a nice day & hugs, Carolien

Andrea said...

Lovely ornaments.

Brenda Lou said...

Those are precious!!

Julianne said...

Very nice ornaments. What great keepsakes for your niece and nephew.

Olenka's Stitches said...

Lovely ornaments, I am sure your niece and nephew will be thrilled to get them.

Vonna said...

Both are very nicely stitched and finished! What little girl wouldn't LOVE that Princess ornie :)
And what little boy wouldn't like the soldier with a sword and sheild? :) CUTE!!

Michele said...

I love the ornaments!

Von said...

My little grandsons would go nuts over that soldier. :D

AnnMcD said...

I love that Princess ornament. I have three little great nieces who would be great candidates for just such items. I am going to get a copy of the pattern...thanks for the link.

Dianne said...

These are great ornaments and seem perfect for the recipients!

Kathy said...

Cute ornaments. They will love them. Nice stitching and finishing. They will cherish them as coming from a wonderful aunt.