Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll have a hard time parting with this one

I really, really, really like how it came out.


Blue Ribbon Designs - A Christmas Wish of Health and Happiness (2007)
stitched over 2 on 32 ct. evenweave with DMC threads
Freebie Design available here

This is another for the set of Bride's Tree ornaments I'm stitching and finishing for my husband's cousin, who was married in August. We gave them the first one with the promise of the rest to follow, but it's taking a little longer than I expected. Oh well, I TECHNICALLY have a year to get them done.

I am really pleased with how this one came out, and it will be hard to part with it. I modified the bottom from "Health and Happiness" to "Hope and Peace" because that's what the rabbit symbolizes for the Bride's Tree Ornaments. And it's a little hard to tell, but it does say 2008 on there as well. It's been stitched up, I just only finished it into an ornament.

I did the finishing the same way I've done others - laced onto cardboard, stitched together, then trimmed with glued on cording. Here's a tip for you - hang onto the cardboard that Joann's wraps their Quarter Flats around - it's perfect for ornaments since it's on the thinner side. When you put two pieces together (one for each side), it ends up being the perfect weight and stiffness for an ornament.

17 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Lovely, lovely ornament. Now I know what to do with those pieces from the fat quarters lol Thanks for the hint.

Pumpkin said...

I can see why! LOL! Again, I love how you personalized again :o)

Anna van Schurman said...

Good tip!

Angela said...

Even though I've seen this design done several times now it still looks great.

Yuko said...

Jenn, it's absolutely beautiful!
I love it, too!
The cord you choose is perfect for this ornament!!!

Olenka's Stitches said...

Your ornament finishing is just gorgeous!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous ornament and your finishing looks perfect!!

Ruth Rachel Vendsel said...

Great ornaments, Jennifer!

Dianne said...

So nice when you finish something that makes you feel good and you did an excellent job too!

Autumn said...

I think this is very sweet!

Sharon said...

Both your ornment finishes are very pretty.

Teri said...

Beautiful ornament finishes-they all look great!

Carolien said...

What a lovely ornament, Jennifer!

Have a nice weekend & hugs, Carolien

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

What a beautiful ornament.

Angela said...

I just love Blue Ribbon ornaments, this one is fantastic!

RuthB said...

Oooo you're brilliant. AND talented :)

I see why it's hard to part with. So, is another one in your future? :)

LadyV said...

Beautiful stitching and lovely ornaments.

Vee (http://brokenneedle.typepad.com)