Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tantes Zolder Patterns

The other day, I received an email from Karen at Ambitatterous.  She was looking for the Tantes Zolder butterfly chart I stitched a while back but the link in my blog post was dead and the page refused to load.  It wouldn't load for me either, and  it appears that the Tantes Zolder / My Aunt's Attic blog is offline.  From what I can make out from the translation, it appears the weblog.nl  that hosted the Tantes Zolder blog has been moved to wordpress, but I cannot find the blog itself.

I did, however, find another site that's hosting the patterns.  You can now get the Tantes Zolder patterns here, so you may want to update your links (I did in my previous post).

And if you're not familiar with Tantes Zolder, you should definitely check them out.  There are some very beautiful patterns.  They're from a collection of handwritten charts that were digitized and published on the blog.  Lilian Kok found the charts in her aunt's attic (hence the name) and with the help of some volunteers, generated almost 300 images that she made available for free.

If anyone knows where the original blog may have gone, please let me know.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hey Jenn ~

Thanks for the great link, you made my day.
I was looking for some "round" designs and this site has a great selection!

Hope all is well with you and your family.

Meari said...

Thanks for sharing the link!

Marie said...

I thought you might like this quilt:

http://thepaintedquilt.blogspot.com/2013/06/studio-makeover.html

Scroll to the bottom of her post. :D

Pumpkin said...

Thanks for posting this Jennifer! I never knew this happened.