Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkins for Cathey

I've been very bad about updating my blog - it's ended up taking a back seat to some other priorities.  I keep meaning to get back into it, and somehow it gets lost in the shuffle.

Something came up today, though, that pushed this blog post to the front of the line.  As many stitchers know, there's a great deal of friendship and caring in this community, many of whom have never met each other in person.  But that doesn't stop people from reaching out, from showing their support and from doing things both big and small to bring a little sunshine to a fellow stitcher.

Today is Cathey over at Pumpkin Patch & Co.'s blogoversary.  To be blunt, Cathey has cancer and it sucks.  It sucks because cancer in general sucks.  It sucks because Cathey is a sweet, wonderful, generous, talented, kind, considerate and compassionate woman.  And it really sucks because Cathey is a mother to a young son, which hits me a little harder because her son isn't much younger than mine.  I think about being in her position, and it breaks my heart.

But thanks to Sharon (Daffycat), Pumpkins for Cathey has been organized so we can all show our support for Cathey in her fight.  And she is a fighter. 

I haven't posted in forever, but I thought this was enormously important.  I don't have any needlework pumpkins to share, but I do have quite a collection of pumpkin recipes.  Since one of the things that has been limiting my blogging time has been meal planning and cooking, I think it's appropriate to share some delicious pumpkin treats in Cathey's honor.  Enjoy.


 

Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Bars by My Baking Addiction


10 comments:

Vickie said...

Wahoo! Thank you. I am a pumpkin fanatic. Copied these recipes.
I am praying for Cathey.

C in DC said...

I just finished stitching a pumpkin piece. Thanks for the nudge to get it posted this weekend.

Julianne said...

What a very kind post and very heartfelt.

Thanks for sharing the recipes.

AnaCristina said...

:-)

Shebafudge said...

I have never cooked with pumpkin but those recipes look delicious. I think I had better try them!

Annie said...

What a nice tribute to Cathey to share your favorite pumpkin recipes. I'm sure she will appreciate it.

Marie said...

Leave it to you to offer up those recipes ~ Awesome. You are the BEST sharer Jenn, :-)

Glad you joined in on this one, VERY SWEET!

Hope you are doing well my friend.

Carol said...

The pumpkin recipes look delicious, Jenn! I sure hope we were able to put a smile on Cathey's face today :)

Maggee said...

Looks like you are a busy, dedicated cook, and I am checking out your recipes! Thanks for joining the celebration for Cathey! Hugs!

Brigitte said...

Oh wonderful, so many pumpkin recipes. I'll store them in my personal cook book. Thanks for sharing.