Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A wedding gift for a happy couple

Sew Blue by iStitchaholic 
1 over 1 on 28 ct. evenweave
with Belle Soie Peacock
Personalized as a gift

This was a freebie pattern offered by Carol of iStitchaholic.  The original pattern has an alphabet across the top of the design, but I wanted to personalize it for a wedding gift, so I used the alphabet for  their names and wedding date, and charted out my own ampersand.

Gina is a dear friend of my husband's from college, and we wanted to send her and her new husband something personal since we could not make it to their wedding.  This is actually the first of two pieces I stitched - the other is a framed piece for their walls that has yet to be framed.  At least this one got out in time to hang on their Christmas tree this year! (And you'll see the framed piece later, once it's finished up)

So I changed the pattern to personalize the piece, and I took the ribbon from their invitations to my LNS and found a perfect match in the Belle Soie Peacock silk.  Gina also had a bit of a lace motif throughout her wedding plans, so I picked up on that with the trim around the edges, and found some teal blue fabric (what you see in the background) for the back of the piece.  The lace is actually much nicer in person.  I didn't realize it looked off in the picture until after I had mailed it out.  But rest assured I didn't send out a wonky ornament.

I've been on a bit of an over 1 stitching kick, and I never fail to be thrilled with how the tiny little stitches come out, especially with silks.

8 comments:

Carol said...

What a beautiful gift for Gina and Ramon, Jenn! I love the way you put such thought into personalizing your stitching gifts... I'm sure they will treasure this one!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

I agree over one can be really fun. This ornament is lovely including the finiash with those personal touches. CJ in OK

Michele said...

I just adore this ornament! and the thought you put into it for the happy couple :)

Catherine said...

So sweet!

Carolyn NC said...

Very nice! I'm sure it will be much appreciated. :)

Sally said...

What a gorgeous gift.

dixiesamplar said...

What a lovely wedding gift, Jennifer! I am sure they loved the attention and thought you put into creating it for them.

Meari said...

It turned out very pretty!