Thursday, December 23, 2010

Jungle Baby Birth Record

Jungle Baby by Imaginating
Stitched over 2 on 32 ct. Antique White
with recommended DMC Floss
(name intentionally blurred for privacy)

Believe it or not, I started this piece just before the baby was born, and was working on it while we were down the shore on vacation and his mom was in labor with him. Andrew, or Drew as he is better known, took his own sweet time getting here. It's a good thing he's such a cutie - his mom was in labor for almost two days!

The piece wasn't finished when I got to meet Drew for the first time, but he did get it the day before his six month birthday. (Go me! Usually it takes me a little longer.) We had a lunch date with Drew and his mom the other day, and I handed over the completed piece, as well as his ornament, coming in the next post. Drew seemed to like it, and his mom loved it. She couldn't wait to get it home and put it in his nursery.

My son is 8 months older than Drew, and the difference those eight months make is incredible! I remember holding Drew for the first time a few months ago, looking over at Nick and thinking, "There's no way my Nick was this tiny!" And in a few months, Drew's mom will look at another baby and think the same exact thing. As all you moms know, these little ones grow CRAZY FAST. Drew's a little older now than the last time I saw him, and he's such a cutie. He's got the most adorable chubby little cheeks and big, bright, cheery eyes. So cute!

I'm so pleased with how this came out. I think it's going to look great in Drew's jungle themed nursery (jungle themes seem to be very popular these days). And yes, it is framed in a standard 8x10 frame from the craft store. I've been leaving the glass out for pieces that won't be hung in a high traffic area or somewhere they'll be exposed to things like grease. Since this is going in a baby's nursery, I don't think I'll need to worry about the piece getting too dirty.

11 comments:

Sally said...

A very cute birth sampler :)

Happy Christmas xx

Deborah said...

Beautiful!

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish. merry christmas.

Lana said...

That came out adorable!!! Your post makes me wanna rush these last 2 months I have left of my pregnancy so my tiny lil' one will be here too!!! =)

Catherine said...

Adorable! I agree, they grow too fast! My oldest is fast approaching 11!

Lynn said...

Your birth record is so cute!! I can't believe how fast my sons grew up. Now my oldest tells me he realizes how fast time passes when he watches his own daughters.
Merry Christmas Jennifer!

Sharon said...

It's adorable!

mainely stitching said...

GREAT job!!

Meari said...

Very cute finish. I agree, they grow SO fast!

Dianne said...

You did a terrific job on this sampler! I remember when you told me you were waiting on this little guy's arrival. It would be so neat if the boys would become pals.
Happy New Year!

Julie said...

Very cute! Great job.